This neat water park makes you feel as if you are wandering about a ski resort with many Disney twists around every corner. Opening in April 1995, I remember visiting during the summer that year and overcoming my fear of what I thought were big waves at the time by swimming in the “Melt-Away Bay” wave pool.
Some important tips to know before heading to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park are as follows:
- Arrive to the water park 30-45 minutes prior to opening
- Arriving early will ensure that you and your party are one of the first people in the water park to claim chairs
- The water park has been known to reach capacity around lunchtime or mid-afternoon
- If you have many belongings, store inside a locker! (Small Locker- $13, Large Locker- $15; You get $5 back when you return the key)
- If you do not bring your own towels, you may rent one for $2
- Life jackets are available for free at Snowless Joes with a personal ID and a $25 refundable deposit
- Guests may bring food baskets
- Coolers are permitted as long as they may be safely carried
- Get the “Mini Donuts” located near Lottawatta Lodge! Trust me.