Let’s face it- the summer months in Central Florida and Walt Disney World® are just plain brutal. Between the scorching temperatures, the sky-high humidity, and that ever beating sun, the summer months can leave guests sweaty and overheated pretty quickly. While it is obvious to stay very well hydrated while exploring the parks, there are also several other ways to keep yourself cool, including enjoying some snacks. So, let’s check out some of the best snacks in Walt Disney World® that will help keep you cool in those hot summer months.
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – This snack can be found at the Magic Kingdom® Park’s Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and is literally so big you need two hands to eat it. Featuring any flavor of soft-serve ice cream that you choose, it is wedged between two bakery fresh chocolate chip cookies. Delicious in every way.
- Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar – A staple in the way of ice cream treats at Walt Disney World®, this snack offers vanilla ice cream coated in chocolate and shaped like everyone’s favorite mouse.
- Dole Whip – This guest favorite treat can be found at Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom® Park’s Adventureland® and features pineapple ice cream that is sure to cool you down.
- Grand Marnier® Orange Slush – This one is for the grown-ups and can be found in a small kiosk near World Showcase Lagoon in Epcot®’s France Pavilion. It features Grand Marnier® and an orange slush mixture served in a martini glass. This is the perfect cocktail to sip while strolling through World Showcase on a hot day.
- L’Artisan des Glaces – This small shop in the rear of Epcot®’s France Pavilion serves up ice cream and sorbet in classic flavors such as vanilla and strawberry as well as adventurous ones like caramel fleur de sel.
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Nestled in the Magic Kingdom® Park’s Tomorrowland®, this quick-service location serves up soft-serve ice cream, ice cream floats, and some delicious sundaes. Be sure to stop by for a cool down after exploring some out of this world attractions.
- Fried Wontons – Okay, I know that doesn’t sound very cooling, but bear with me! Found as a dessert at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park’s Yak & Yeti™ Restaurant, these wontons are delectable and refreshing. They come stuffed with cream cheese and served on a skewer with pineapple slices and an accompanying scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with honey-vanilla sauce. They are a light dessert which cools you down and immediately leaves you wanting more!
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop – Located at Disney’s Beach Club Resort on Crescent Lake, this stop is the ultimate place to visit for some epic ice cream option. Try the No Way Jose which features peanut butter, hot fudge, chocolate and vanilla ice creams, chocolate chips, whipped cream, and a cherry on top, or if you are feeling particularly in need of a cool down, order the Kitchen Sink – big enough to serve four and featuring every flavor of ice cream and every topping available!
While these are some of the best snack options to cool down with in Walt Disney World®, there are dozens of others to choose from, so be sure to let me know what your favorite chilly snacks are by leaving a comment below!
Stay cool out there everyone!
(Image from the author’s personal collection.)
What are your favorite cooling snacks in Walt Disney World®? Did your favorite make the list? Be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below, I would love to hear from you!
Caitlin Corsello was born and raised in New York. She graduated from Adelphi University with a Masters in Mental Health Counseling in 2012. Her love for Disney started as an infant and has continued to grow with family vacations to Disney parks almost every year since. She holds a particular interest in WDW’s parks and attractions, never passing up an opportunity to visit. She looks forward to continuing to explore and learn about all things Disney and to share that passion with readers.