Hello WDW Radio readers, it’s me Ruby and I am here today with another interview! My last one was with a Disney animator, but this time it is with a Cast Member named Jaclyn Lupo, and I met her on my last trip to Disney in September. She is from Old Bridge, NJ, and works at Epcot® outside of one of it’s most iconic attractions, Spaceship Earth. (Questions were answered in September so #3 is inaccurate now.) I hope you enjoy my interview!
1. Have you worked anywhere else on Disney property yet?: I’ve worked at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground.
2. What’s your official title?: I’m an Attraction’s Host at Spaceship Earth.
3. How long have you worked here?: About 2 months now!
4. If you could work anywhere else in the parks, where would it be?: Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Toy Story Midway Mania!
5. What’s your favorite part about working with Disney?: Pin trading.
6. Do you actually get to ride the attraction you work at at all?: I ride this one at night alone to make sure everything’s working.
7. If you could go inside any ride and explore it, what would it be?: Space Mountain®, you never get to see it with the lights on!
8. As a kid, were you or your family big Disney fans? Did you ever think about being a Cast Member?: I came to Disney when I was younger while visiting family, but I never thought about it until I moved to Florida.
9. What’s one thing about being a Cast Member that nobody probably knows?: Disney is a magical place, and if I told you things that only a cast member knows, it would ruin the Disney magic that you love!
10. What do you think Disney’s got in store for us next?: Disney is always coming up with such brilliant ideas its hard to say… But I can say that they are adding to Downtown Disney®.
(Photo from authors personal collection)
So that’s it for today folks, I hope you liked it! But before you leave, I have a question for you…Did you learn anything new about working at Disney in this interview? Any other thoughts? Tell me in the comment section below, I’d love to know!
Have a magical day! Love, Ruby 8:)
Ruby is a twelve year old Disney fan, and she credits her mom with starting her early love of Disney. In addition to her enthusiasm for Disney, Ruby enjoys singing and writing. She will be reviewing Disney-related topics that are of interest to younger Disney fans—and their parents and grandparents!