/ Monday, July 7th, 2014

how-to-stay-cool-at-Walt-Disney-World-beat-the-heat-summer-wdwradio

TOPIC: Summer is here, and that means so is the heat and humidity in Florida, and in order to get the most out of your Walt Disney World vacation, we are going to share with you our favorite ways to stay cool and beat the heat in, and out of, the parks. We’ll cover theme park strategies, what to bring, wear and even eat, as well as a few hacks that will help keep you cool and prevent meltdowns – literally and figuratively.

CONTEST: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

UPDATES: Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at http://WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page http://WDWRadio.com/Events

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

- Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is your best top on how to stay cool at Walt Disney World? Leave your answer in the comments below!

LINKS: Zannaland.com, Best Pools at WDW (Zannaland.com), Top Ten Things to Do When It Rains in Walt Disney World

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes – Thank You!!

9 Responses to "Show # 368 – How to Keep Cool and Beat the Heat at Walt Disney World"

1. Joanne Davies says:

Dry flannels for our face & wet bandana’s for head. It also helps to pop in & out of shops, where it’s cool!!

2. Ryan Starliper says:

Easy. The water bottle fan sprayer. Essential

3. Art Mills says:

I agree that Animal Kingdom is the hardest park on hot days. On days that my family and I would visit AK, we’d leave about 5ish in the afternoon and go back to our resort (usually Pop Century). We’d take a dip in one of the smaller pools (not as crowded) and order pizza back to our room. We’d cool down and be ready for our next day (probably at EPCOT).

4. Tara says:

Umbrella=portable shade. Keeps you cool and the sun off. If you forget to bring one (and you’re at Epcot) you can get one of the rice paper parasols at the China pavilion for about $15. We did this for our daughter when we were there last and she used it throughout the trip. It served a practical purpose and was a nice souvenir for her to bring home :)

5. Sherry says:

Don’t forget the extra activities that you might normally bypass — like the games in Mission:Space and Test Track. It’s great to linger there when it’s a hot day. And when at Epcot make sure to go into Club Cool for those FREE sodas.

6. David says:

Lou I just have to say you mentioned floppy hats but I think you should of stressed them more.

I made sure to buy 4 wide-brimmed hats(we are from Texas but cheep costume hats can be found on amazon). I had my kids decorate them with Disney pins and water proofed stickers.

We called them our lucky hats and they were also great for helping us find each other when we got split up.

A neat trick for them is to stick a little ice in them and put them on it is very refreshing. They also prevent sunburn on the face ears and back of the neck.

A family trick we use is Witch hazel oil for when we do get sunburns. A good spray of it before bed can really improve the way you feel in the morning.

7. Patter says:

I might have napped or fallen asleep on some of those rides(Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, and likely a few others). I love them all, but I am pretty sure after walking around all day, and the day before usually, and before that, then sticking my keister into a comfy enough chair and then turning down the lights has done me in.

8. Steve says:

Going off of your floppy hats suggestion, last year as a goof for my brother and myself I bought straw boater hats to “fit in” on Main Street online. They were a little pricey (around $30 each for the ones I got) but not only did all the Cast Members love them (a bunch kept asking if they were actually sold in the parks), but they were also really functional because they were light (made of straw and all) and had really wide brims. They were a really fun way to play along in the parks and also were so useful, and definitely worth the investment.

9. Ana Kurland says:

Is the meet July 26? I think you said June 26. Maybe it’s too hot to think? ;-)