/ Monday, July 28th, 2014

top-ten-disney-world-attraction-narrators

TOPIC: Every Walt Disney World attraction takes us on a journey, and in many cases, the story is told, shared or experienced through a storyteller. It may be a voice from above, audio-animatronic character, or told through a Cast Member in character. This week, we’ll look at out Top Ten Attraction Narrators in Walt Disney World, and ask you to share your favorite as well.

CONTEST: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

UPDATES: Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at http://WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page http://WDWRadio.com/Events

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: Who is YOUR favorite Walt Disney World attraction narrator? Why? Leave your answer in the comments below!

LINKS:

Celebrations Magazine

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes – Thank You!!

Get the Latest Disney Updates Delivered to You Each Week!

24 Responses to "Show # 371 – Top Ten Walt Disney World Attraction Narrators"

1. Kaitlynn says:

For sure, Its Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump on Mission Space. (Sorry, I don’t know his name in real life)

2. Jordan says:

I AM SO EXCITED TO LISTEN TO THIS!

3. dana Larsen says:

cronkite, spaceship earth

4. Isaac says:

Ghost host is obviously a “no brainer.” Jean Shepherd in Carousel of Progress is another one. Pete Reneday in Country Bear Jamboree and in the TTA(RIP old narration). Love the Jungle Cruise narrators too.

5. Bobby says:

How bout Sallah over in Indy at DL. Grant Seeker, Rod Sterling. Heres a stretchAerosmith

6. Trace says:

How could The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror not make this list!?

Best ride and narration by Rod Serling in any Disney park in my humble opinion :)

7. Stephanie says:

I tear up every time I hear Jiminy Cricket and the Blue Fairy narrate Wishes.

8. Wes says:

When they had the countdown 1 2 3 at the beginning, I was sure they were both going to say SpaceShip Earth. That ride IS the narration. And like you, Trace, I kept thinking Tower of Terror would be on it. (Has Tim gotten the courage to ride it yet?)

9. Ana Kurland says:

How could I forget?!!! The Walter Cronkite/Robin Williams mini movie for the Animation bldg.

10. Jamie says:

I wrote the Celebrations mag Legends column on Paul Frees that Tim referenced when discussing the Ghost Host. While doing research, I found some fascinating sound clips of outtakes that Frees did when recording the dialog. Worth a listen!

11. Kyle says:

The monorail was mentioned in the show and to this diehard Disney fan (29 consecutive years and counting) the monorail has always been one of my favorite attractions. In fact, it was my first in 1985 as I made my way to the Magic Kingdom for the first time. The voice work has always been important to me ever since. Jack Wagner is classic but Joe Hursh was, in my opinion, the ultimate when it comes to the voice of the monorail. A clear voice with some personality and excitement. I was sad when his voice was removed 2 years ago. The new voice lacks personality and has forced me to take the bus. Tom Kane sounds like a robot. I work in radio and the Narrators are important to me and the Monorail tops the list.

Spaceship Earth is my runner-up. I really enjoy the current version with Dame Judy Dench. More relaxed than past versions.

3rd…The voice that introduces “Illuminations” = Powerful

Thanks for reading,
    Kyle

12. Mike says:

How about RX-24, also know as Capt. Rex, from Star Tours? Talk about celeb narration, this droid’s voiced by Paul “Pee Wee Herman” Reubens!

13. John says:

For me, the best narration is actually from the (voiceless) museum curator who set up the displays for Expedition Everest. The way the stories blend from reality to the fantasy of the Yeti easily makes the “long” line worth going through – possibly many times. I have had my wife shake her head at me as I waved people behind us to pass so that I can read the stories, look at the ripped up artifacts and marvel at the detail of the queue.

14. Nick says:

When I heard what the topic of the show was the first narrator that popped into my head was the ghost host from the Haunted Mansion too! That is one of the most iconic voices in all of WDW. I also love Jiminy Cricket from Wishes. The voice from Big Thunder Mountain is great too though he’s not really a “narrator.” There are just so many!

15. David says:

Wow I thought this would of been mentioned The TimeKeeper.

Robin Williams Que Narration and the dialog is just so full of puns and fun jokes.

16. Lissa says:

Jamie the sound clips of outtakes was a lot of fun! TY for sharing. :D

17. Brandon says:

Rod Serling from Tower of Terror!

18. Allan says:

I’m surprised, like some other listeners, that Rod Serling did not make the list. I think the Tower of Terror is one of the most amazing experiences at Walt Disney World, and the actor that portrays Rod does the perfect job at transporting guests into the Twilight Zone. I also hate to disagree, but I always think Gary Sinese looks bored doing the narration for Mission Space. It looks as if he’s thinking, “I’m a big star, how did my agent talk me into doing this gig?”

19. Ellen Hildenbrand says:

Here’s my favorite Jungle Cruise Skipper! (She’s family!!) So proud! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGi-rRnYpuw&list=FLCSLiBXEI-5xLLUFPMz_lbg&index=17

20. Jenn says:

SO excited about this Top Ten! Of course the Ghost Host is best, hands down, I think. The script and his vocal talents are outstanding. But a close second, for me, is the Jungle Cruise guide. This cast member has the ability to almost make or break my trip to MK, and that’s a lot of power! Kudos to the guide who can take the same puns, same ride, and make it new and different and funny every time!

Thank you, thank you for this top ten!

21. Lauren Scott says:

So glad to hear the ‘Monorail Man’ get his time to shine! He’s who I immediately thought of when I heard the introduction. BUT, I can’t believe the Tower of Terror narration didn’t get a mention!

“The next time you check into a hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you’re filling or you may find yourself a permanent resident of…The Twilight Zone.”

22. Paul (shoemakers4) says:

I know the next top 10… Top 10 Lou impressions… with Lou giving us his top 10 efforts. A MUST! With Tim having to try too in a sort of game of horse! :)

23. Valerie says:

Loved your Top Tens but I kept waiting for an Honorable Mention for the old TTA-People Mover narration – “Next Stop Rocket Tower!” I miss the old spiel so much :(