nooks-crannies-disney's-hollywood-studios

TOPIC: Walt Disney World is filled with many overlooked experiences, and wonderful ways to enjoy your time in the parks, many of which don’t appear on park maps or times guides. And sometimes, these aren’t necessarily even attractions or things to do, but places along the way. So this week, we’re going to share some of our favorite Nooks and Crannies of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. They include everything from hidden details and fun finds, to just some out of the way places to sit and relax.

CONTEST: New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

UPDATES: Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

SPONSOR: Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is your favorite “nook and crannie” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Leave your answer in the comments below!

LINKS:

Thanks to Suzannah from Zannaland.com

Show # 276 – Nooks and Crannies of World Showcase in Epcot

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes – Thank You!!

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

I have read and agreed to your Privacy Policy.

Comments

comments

7 thoughts on “WDW Radio Show #375 – Nooks and Crannies of Disney’s Hollywood Studios”

1. Mike says:

Nothing beats a few quiet moments with a cappuccino and carrot cake cookie while visiting Writer’s Stop. There is always a great selection of Disney topic books available as well as coffee/tea selections.

2. Ashley says:

Thanks for this show, Lou. DHS is near and dear to my heart (especially after listening to your podcasts about this history of Hollywood and Sunset, legend of Sid Cuhenga, Echo Lake DSI, Roger Rabbit and the Rocketeer references, and more…), and for reasons like you mentioned in this show. Nothing beats a leisurely stroll around the park, sitting and people watching, grabbing a drink and Cobb salad from the HBD Lounge, photographing Hollywood and Sunset (especially at night), and really just noticing all the details and soaking it all in. Oh, and the only thing that makes Writer’s Stop better is to be ‘stuck’ in there with a coffee and carrot cake cookie during a rainstorm, reading about the life of Walt or the art of Mary Blair. I know DHS needs some improvements, but let’s spread the word about how neat it is and get it the respect it deserves!

3. Patrick Chapman says:

Lou, thanks for this podcast of the nooks and crannies in Hollywood Studios, being a newer listener, have you done this same type of podcast for the other WDW parks? If so, what are numbers. Heading to WDW with my wife, no kids and this was a fantastic how to beat the heat cast. Thanks for all you do, Patrick Chapman

4. Peter A says:

My favourite nook and cranny in HS is the Christmas store in the little street behind the muppets and especially the snowman outside the front. Coming from the UK we tend to get Christmas shops, so that just adds to the delight.

5. Suzanne says:

I love the topic of this podcast! I’m all about the little details and hidden treasures, and some of our best days in Disney have been those when we slowed down and wandered. While I love surprises and stumbling upon a hidden treasure, I’m very intrigued by the handprints you mentioned somewhere in Animation, and wanted to be sure not to miss them on our next trip. Could you please give me more detailed directions to find this little nook? Thanks!

6. Kendall Foreman says:

Suzanne: I checked out the handprints for the first time on my last trip to DHS and actually discussed them here on the WDW Radio blog: http://www.wdwradio.com/2013/11/world-art-lovers/

They can be found in an interior courtyard, kind of within/behind the queue. My best suggestion is to just ask the Cast Member at the entrance.

7. Chuck Zitta says:

No more Writer’s Stop… no more Main Street NY…etc…etc… We’ve lost some of our favorite nooks and crannies, but in return, will GAIN new ones :0)

I’d have to say one of my favorites is the little corner back by the Snowman in front of It’s a Wonderful Shop. Never seems crowded back there to me. Always a “quiet place” I can take the family to slow down and relax a little.

Even though Suzanna wasn’t intentionally doing a Kermit imitation, it DID sound pretty darn good to me. What do ya think? Especially on “3D”. Very nice.

Thanks again for another nooktacular show, Lou and Suzanna!!!