wdwradio-386-Disney-resort-upgrades-polynesian

TOPIC: I’ll answer more of your questions this week as I open up the inbox. We’ll discuss how to get a resort upgrade, Polynesian updates, in-room babysitting, must-do dining, the Seven Seas Lagoon island mystery, Disney gift cards, Disneyland vs. Disney World, the Walt Disney World marathon, Le Cellier, special events, and Rapid Refill mugs, and I’ll ask for your opinion about traveling solo to Walt Disney World.

UPDATES: Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What Walt Disney World park is the best one to visit solo? Leave your answer in the comments below!

subscribe-itunesPlease click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes – Thank You!!

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

I have read and agreed to your Privacy Policy.

Comments

comments

6 thoughts on “WDW Radio Show #386 – Listener Email: Resort upgrades, must-do dining, an island mystery, Disney gift cards, solo at Disney World”

1. Craig Hargrove says:

Concerning the Disney gift card question, Disney does offer a Disney Gift Card app, that allows you to load all of your cards and keep track of balances. You can upload a picture of the card or use an existing picture to help keep track of them, and you can refresh to see an accurate balance for each of your cards. While this does not protect you if they are lost or stolen, you do have quick access to the card numbers and amounts, and can also see if they have been redeemed.

2. Fred says:

I have to say that I have had this opportunity and the one that I enjoyed the most is EPCOT. You can explore at a pace that allows you to take it all in, even waiting in lines. However, Animal Kingdom is the one park that when travelling with my family gets the quickest visit. The last time I was there with them, I began noticing more details that I overlooked. How the villages differ, colors, story, etc.. But most of all, we always Fast Pass Expedition Everest. One time I didn’t and I couldn’t believe all the great story features in the queue that the Fast Pass bypasses. I wander around the Himalayan village and shop and realized how much research actually went into this location. Impressive. Looking forward to the expansion!

3. Crissy S. says:

I think the Magic Kingdom because there are so many secrets. You can spend time looking at the Main Street windows. You can explore so many hidden Mickeys and Lou’s Disney trivia. There are Disney scavenger hunts. I’ve been many times and I feel like I am always finding a new detail!

4. Kyle says:

Lou, thanks for another great podcast, extremely useful as always. I had one question though. The description said you would discuss the Rapid Refill Mugs, but I never heard that topic come up. Maybe I missed it as I did skip (for now) a few questions that were less pertinent to my upcoming trip (e.g., Cruise). Did you run out of time on this one? Or is it in there? If the latter, what would the time mark be? (As a very gentle suggestion on these awesome feedback shows where you cover so much, if you could put the time marks in the description that would be amazing). Thanks again for all you do.

5. Dave T says:

I have had two opportunities to visit Walt Disney World solo, and I truly loved both trips. Neither my son nor my wife enjoy the more thrilling attractions nor are they much interested in searching for the “geeky” details like I am. They also aren’t much into the more exotic foods. (Gosh, as I write this I wonder why I hang around these people at all!) I usually end up spending my trips with them making sure that they’re taken care of and having fun. I really enjoy doing that, but it’s really nice to explore the parks at my own speed following my interests. Last time I went solo was during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and I stuffed myself wandering around the World Showcase, something my family wouldn’t have enjoyed. In the end, however, I often think, “Gosh, I can’t wait to be down here with my family next time. I know that they would have enjoyed ______.”

6. Chuck Zitta says:

Timeline note: I think we may have been in WDW at the time this show was recorded. That was the last time we were down. Stayed at the Beach Club. Now that you mention it, I remember the Poly being under construction when we hopped over for lunch at Captain Cook’s one afternoon.

For a solo trip, I agree that MK would be my #1 choice. So much to take in there. But, I also agree with Beci. I could make a case for each park. Regardless, I would definitely be park hopping if I came down solo and would most likely end up at Epcot or some of the lounges for many of the evenings. Who knows? Would depend on what’s going on for fireworks shows, light parades, etc.

Thanks again for another fabulous show, Lou and Beci!!!