395-walt-disney-world-railroad-history

Join me as we take a detailed look at the history, details and simple elegance of the Walt Disney World Railroad. Starting with Walt and where and why his love of trains originated, to the Disneyland Railroad and the fascinating creation of and changes to the Walt Disney World version, Jim Korkis and I take you on a grand circle tour around a true classic Disney attraction.

New Walt Disney World Trivia Contest

Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming My SnippetsWDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: Do you ride the Walt Disney World on every trip? Why or why not? Leave your answer in the comments below!

patreon

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Links:

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

Comments

comments

8 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 395 – Walt Disney World Railroad DSI: Disney Scene Investigation”

1. Joy Hargraves says:

YES YES YES I love the history of the Disney trains!!!! I really want to take the tour one day, too. I ride each trip!!!!

2. Chuck Zitta says:

Just happen to be playing catchup with the older podcast and am currently listening to #212 Carolwood Pacific Room – History, Stories and Tour, which is great to listen too if you’re into trains and aren’t already familiar with that episode. Have a great day!

3. Shawn Vincent says:

Another great podcast. I enjoy the train and the Main Street train station at WDW, but the train ride could use some improvement. Between the Main Street station and the Frontierland station, there isn’t much of a view of the park as it goes behind buildings. This could be a good place to create some signage with images and facts about Walt’s love of trains.

4. victoria W says:

So i REALLY loved this podcast! I have always adored the trains at the disney parks.I remember when i took my sister for her first visit(she was 15 at the time) and we went to park opening! we had spent most of the morning walking and it was REALLY humid that day. we didn’t want to go back to the hotel so i suggested we relax on the train for a bit. the first time we rode it she loved seeing inside splash mountain and everything but the SECOND time we ended up falling asleep because we were so relaxed. we ending up riding 3 times and it’s one of her favorite memories. I loved riding the train at DLR during my first visit as well. i really felt like i was immersed in some history. I have heard of the train tour at WDW but now i just HAVE to do it!

5. Barry Smith says:

Lou, you guys really hit this one out of the park! Awesome show. Your easy-going banter got me a little off on a tangent before I realized what great information this show was pulling together. I’ll be sure to hit the trains in both DL and WDW as soon as possible.

6. SoarinSteven says:

I do enjoy the WDW Railroad. The movement and sounds of the train are relaxing and timeless, but the attraction could definitely benefit from an update of scenery. Same goes for the Liberty Belle.

7. Dale says:

Great show again, I love it when you and Jim get together. The facts that you two dig out even when you go on a tangent, is phenomenal.
    But for me, the highlight of the podcast was your listeners messages at the end.
    I have to admit, I had a lump in my throat when your listener splurted out his heart to say how much you have influenced and motivated him to take the first steps of following his dream of being a teacher.
    I was bursting with pride for you, let alone what you must feel when you hear these things that you have directly had a hand in.
    You my friend, and I can call you that, because you tell me every week, are the MAN.
    Keep doing what you, because I’m sure you inspire so many people, me included.

Take care.

8. Chuck Zitta says:

Love the trains. As you said, “they are the perfect example of a classic attraction”. Timeless in every sense of the word. This was actually the second time I’ve listened and commented on this episode, and I’m sure we may cross paths again :0)

Thanks again for another fabulous show, Lou and Jim!!!