397-disney-cruise-alaska-wonder_350

As we prepare for the WDW Radio cruise on the Disney Wonder to Alaska later this year, I thought we should take a look at what makes this cruise special. From the ship to the planning, destinations, excursions and more, there is something for everyone, whether you’re planning on joining us, or even just thinking about your first Disney cruise.

Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming My SnippetsWDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: Have you ever been on a Disney Cruise? Is so, which one? Share your favorite memories in the comments below!

Disney-wonder-alaska-excursions

alaska-15-image

patreon

102-Ways

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Links:

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

I have read and agreed to your Privacy Policy.

Comments

comments

7 thoughts on “WDW Radio Show #397 – Cruising to Alaska on the Disney Wonder – Everything You Need to Know”

1. Ana Kurland says:

I have not been on a Disney Cruise, but I’ve been on Alaska cruises twice and I’m so jealous! Tracy Arm is the most amazingly beautiful place I’ve ever seen.

2. Rick says:

I am a resident of Vancouver (area) and I wanted to add couple things about the city to encourage people to visit before or after the cruise.
    The downtown is fairly compact and most of the interesting sites are within walking distance. Vancouver is a very walkable city and fundamentally safe – except for a few-block section of Hastings Street which is more sad than dangerous. Also, unlike so many other North American cities, these is no freeway thru its heart, easing access to all places and making it more quiet. Within a few blocks of the Pan Pacific hotel is the historic ‘old town’ of Gastown with shops and restaurants. It is also a preferred location for many local tech companies. Adjacent to the ship dock, on the waterfront and overlooking the North Shore mountains in the distance is the new convention centre with its huge iconic ‘green roof’. Almost the entire city is rimmed by a pedestrian/cycling pathway along the coast call the Sea Wall. It runs more than 20 kilometres from the cruise dock, into Coal Harbour (upscale residential neighbourhood), around Stanley Park (1000 acre woods in downtown!), into False Creek (residential and former site of 2010 Olympic Village), thru Kitsilano (young/hipster neighbourhood), to the beaches of Point Grey then out to the University of British Columbia to the south-west. So rent a bike or strap on your walking/running shoes and go for it!
    On the podcast Becky mentioned Granville Island, which is a public market/artsy/tourist area. It is a few kilometres walk from the hotel. Yaletown, is a once warehouse district is now a concentrated restaurant district. Other interesting strolling/shopping streets include Robson Street, Robson Square, Granville Street, Denman Street.
    For those considering an extended stay, I could recommend the Capilano Suspension Bridge (in North Vancouver) which is a marvellous bridge/walking trail high above a river gorge and amongst some of the biggest trees on the coast. Gondola up Grouse Mountain from where you can see the entire city and enjoy a humorous logger show. University of BC has a few noteworthy attractions like the Museum of Anthropology and the Blue Whale skeleton at the Museum of Bio-Diversity. One and a half hours north of Vancouver is Whistler Village and ski resort. Great place to hang for a day or two.
    There you go with an abbreviated overview. Hey, it ain’t Disney, but I think it’s a pretty cool town!
    PS – There is a rapid transit line from the airport to downtown and the Pan Pacific Hotel is walking distance from the get-off station (the terminus).

3. Chris Steiskal says:

Lou:

You did not give the answer to the American Adventure trivia question. What two companies have sponsored the exhibit?

4. Mark says:

Anyone else having a problem getting this episode via instacast? It downloads, but then when I select it I get a black background image and it will not play.

5. William says:

Chris, I believe the answers were Coca Cola and American Express. I missed the announcement of the answers also.
    Lou and Beci, another solid cruise report. I sent the link to my mom and sister. They are planning on cruising to Alaska in 2017.
    Thanks for such a great podcast.

6. Ellie says:

I’ve been on two Disney Cruises so far. My first was Disney Magic and my last was the Disney Dream. I’ve cruised before with other cruise lines but I was in total shock when I first cruised with Disney. It’s like taking your love of everything WDW and bringing it with you out at sea. I enjoyed the ambiance, shows, food, restaurant, pools, spa, Castaway Cay, everything! Not to mention Pirate Night, oh do I enjoy Pirate Night! Definitely will be going again. My favorite memory has to be my fiancé proposing while snorkeling at Castaway Cay right over Mickey’s statue. Later that night we took a picture with Captain Mickey holding up the proposal sign that my fiancé held up in the water. It’s made an amazing picture to share with our friends and family when announcing our engagement. We share a love for WDW and bringing everything Disney into our life just makes it all the more memorable.

7. Chuck Zitta says:

I’m right with ya on the heights thingy Beci. No White Pass Train for me, if we ever go. Keep ‘er low baby. Speed boats? That’s more like it for me :0) Low and fast.

Can’t say I’ve been on a cruise as of yet. Hopefully some day we’ll go cruising. We’ll probably just be my wife and I if it happens. Our boys, well, aren’t boys anymore. The oldest already has his first year of college under his belt and the other is almost finished with this sophomore year of high school.

The Alaska cruise does sound like an amazing experience.

Thanks again for another very informative show, Lou and Beci!!!