Some of Walt Disney World’s most wonderful details are hiding in plain sight, and offer curious guests a fun surprise. Lou Mongello takes you into The Chapeau hat shop on Main Street, USA to help you find (and listen to) the party line phone.

Did You Know… The Chapeau’s street address is No. 63 — a tribute to the year that Disney’s “Summer Magic” film starring Hayley Mills, Burl Ives, and Dorothy McGuire was released. According to the backstory of Main Street, USA the character of Nancy Carey from the film is the proprietor of the hat shop.

Did you know about the phone? Have you ever picked it up and listened in? What are some of YOUR favorite Hidden Treasures in Walt Disney World? Share them in the comments below, or with me on Twitter @LouMongello or call the voicemail at 407-900-9391

Thanks for watching! If you like this video, please SHARE it!

– Lou Mongello

Comments

comments

6 thoughts on “Hidden Treasure of Walt Disney World – The Chapeau Party Line Phone (Video)”

1. Sam says:

I just happened to stumble upon this last time I was at Magic Kingdom! Thanks for the video spotlighting this great hidden gem!

2. Tom Schuler says:

Makes me wonder how many other things I’ve been missing.
    Thanks Lou KUTGW

3. Crissy S. says:

I went out of my way to find it on our last trip. It was so exciting!! Isn’t there another one somewhere?

4. Michelle says:

Is this the same phone that used to be in the shop farther down the street – the shop that sold coffee and mugs?

5. Alex says:

I love hidden treasures and can’t wait to my next triptrip to experience this one.

6. Emma (Scotland) says:

Thanks for showing this. I now know where to go after hearing about it years ago. I did ask in the Emporium but the Cast member didn’t know what I was talking about . I will look forward to seeing it on my next trip. Keep doing what your doing Lou!!