lee-cockerell-wdw-radio-lou-mongello

This week, I invite you to sit in on a conversation I had with the man who was once responsible for all of the Cast Members and operations at Walt Disney World, Lee Cockerell. Lee returns to the show to discuss everything from his thoughts on changes to the parks, MyMagic+, Star Wars, Marvel, customer service, growth, legacy, what makes Disney special, what’s next and much, much more.

Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming My SnippetsWDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What do you think has been the best addition to Disney in the past 10 years? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

LINKS:

Tomorrowland Audio Tour Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World Lou Mongello

patreon

102-Ways

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Comments

comments

12 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 412 – Conversation with Lee Cockerell, Former Exec. VP of Walt Disney World Operations”

1. Angela Popp says:

Best thing that was added to WDW is Magic Bands!!!! Don’t have to worry about carrying cash around…and surprisingly, I didn’t go over budget!!

2. Jack Warren says:

GOLD. GOLD. GOLD. A must listen for anyone running a business.

3. Dan Gallagher says:

Hi Lou,
    I enjoy the show. I had a question about the service at Disney. I just heard a rumor that they are no longer going to create the towel art when cleaning the rooms. I know this is a small item however my family thought this was part of the disney difference. I see clean rooms in several hotel chains however Disney combined a nice clean room with the special attention to disney detail such as the towel designs. Pleas tell me they are no ending this special touch that has been provided for years.
    Please provide your thoughts?

4. Jody Maberry says:

Fabulous episode, Lou. Great look at the how and why inside Disney.

5. shellie dissmore says:

Hi Lou,
    What an awesome interview. It was so good I felt compelled to leave a comment. Outstanding episode.The questions you asked and his responses were fantastic. I would have loved to have him as a boss. Seems like a really great guy. Awesome job Lou. I love your interviews, your positive attitude, your laughter, and how you treat your friends .Thanks for being a positive influence for so many people.

6. Anthony Molee says:

Question of the week, I believe that the best addition to Disney in the past 10 years has been Bob Iger as CEO in 2005. Without Iger in place, none of the current additions would be in place. He is truly a visionary.

7. Stephanie C. says:

What a delightful and inspirational episode. I just became a Walt Disney World cast member, and I couldn’t be more excited (I’ll be in Tomorrowland attractions and I find out my specific assignment tomorrow)! What an honor it is to be a part of the company, and I can’t wait to see where my Disney journey takes me!

8. Glenn Blanchard says:

Hands down the best addition in 10 years would have to be Fantasyland expansion with prime nod to Be Our Guest.

9. Amanda says:

I totally agree with Anthony about acquiring Bob Iger. I also think the acquisition of Pixar and Marvel were genius and all thanks to Iger.

10. Chuck Zitta says:

Great show Lou! Lee Cockerell is very inspiring and informative. Absolutely love this episode! Actually listened to your interview with Lee three times now. So much to learn from. My oldest, son who just graduated high school, will be going to college this fall. Going to make sure he listens to this episode. I think it will really give him the direction/focus needed to grow into a successful adult.

To answer your question, I also agree with Anthony and Amanda. Bob Iger was a great addition!

Keep up the great work, Lou!

11. Sara says:

Hi Lou!

I’m a relatively new listener to your Podcast, and I love it!

I caught Mr. Cockrell’s interview yesterday, and whoa was I impressed! I am a senior-level team member at a large financial institution and Lee really spoke to my heart, and the philosophy of H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Excel)around which I run my team. Wonderful interview – thank you so much!

12. William Bragg says:

One of my all-time favorite interviews. Lee Cockrell is a straight shooter. After listening to this one back in 2015, I went out and eventually purchased all three of his books. If you are looking for improving customer service or how you lead, these are fantastic reads.