5-best-books-about-walt-disney-biography

In the past we have discussed some of our favorite books about the Walt Disney World theme parks, but this week I wanted to share our recommended reading about Walt Disney the man. So we’ll open up some of our favorite Walt Disney biographies as we talk about our 5 Best Books About Walt Disney.

Watch and chat during our LIVE WDW NewsCast Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at WDWRadioLIVE.com. Upcoming My SnippetsWDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more! Get dates and locations on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

– Lou Mongello
LouMongello.com

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is your favorite book about Walt Disney? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

LINKS:

Interview with Michael Broggie – WDW Radio #9

Tomorrowland Audio Tour Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World Lou Mongello

patreon

102-Ways

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

Comments

comments

7 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 417 – 5 Best Books About Walt Disney”

1. Chuck Zitta says:

Looks like I have some reading to do! Fall//Winter will be here before you know it, and I will snuggling up with a few of these books during that time. Definitely. Been listening to a lot of the old shows and on my way to work today, I came across the episode where you and Tim discuss the Top 10 things you would show Walt at WDW if you had the chance to do so. Since we are on the subject of Walt the man, I was thinking. Maybe you and Tim could possibly discuss, in a future episode: the Top 10 things you think Walt would want to change at WDW if he were here to walk through the property (this would include the parks, resorts and downtown). Could be an interesting topic? Thanks again for another terrific show, Lou!

2. Fred Aebli says:

I like Chuck’s idea about asking Walt what would he change. That would make a great episode. With regards to the books, I have read How To Be Like Walt and I felt it was a great book that does exactly what Lou mentioned. It shines the light on aspects of Walt’s life that don’t surface too frequently and they can be considered negative or even failures. It then flips it and gives you the positive take away. I liked how the book also conveys Walt’s ability to tolerate risk which he seemed to do quite well and it gives insight to managing business relationships. I do plan on looking into these and the other books covered last time (not to mention that landscaping book!). Great Christmas gift ideas for those Disney fans in your life!!

3. William Bragg says:

I read Walt Disney: An American Original while sailing on my first Disney Cruise. I would agree that it would be considered to be a very “complete” look at Mr. Disney’s life. Great insight into his life and what helped shape his vision on how things should be. The background on his (and his brothers) relationships with his father really gives you a feel for where he got his strong work ethic. His never “beaten” demeanor with all of the starts and stops that he experienced is great example of a can-do attitude.
    Another solid episode Lou and Scott.

4. Milt Davis says:

I’m currently enjoying “the Wisdom of Walt” by Jeffrey Barnes. It is a practical & motivating book on the Qualities of Walt’s life & how to apply them personally. Many research referencese are made that add new insights into many already familiar accounts of Walt’s life. I’m also reading “How To Be Like Walt.” The two books complement each other well.

5. Michelle says:

I definitely have further reading to do but I will say, I LOVE the book, How to be like Walt. Easy, entertaining, and informative. Excellent book! My husband loved the book by Neal Gabler called Walt Disney, the Triumph of the American Imagination. I think my son liked that best as well.

6. Kevin W says:

Great recommendations! Thank you! When I first started working for WDW in 1991, I looked around for a book about Walt Disney and found The Man Behind the Magic by Katherine and Richard Greene. Over the years, I’ve recommended it to people a number of times, because it was an easy read and gave a great overview of his work and his private life. I never realized it was written for young adults. I still think this is a fabulous book and one of my cherished pieces of my Disney library.

7. Mike Keith says:

I’m trying to read everything I can about Walt , he’s such a fascinating and charismatic character we meet up when we visit WDW . Bob Thomas in An American Original captures the feeling we see reflected in One Man’s dream and I’m forever in awe of Walt’s focus and determination with anything he took on . How to be like Walt is a great read and I pick up the enthusiasm and energy we all enjoy when Lou writes or does a podcast . Love the snacks around World Showcase at the flower festival – Walt would be in fits ! Jim Korkis has some great stories in The Vault of Walt . It’s all good , all part of the magic we share