star-wars-in-Walt-Disney-World

With the release of Star Wars The Force Awakens, there is unprecedented excitement not just for the film, but for its history, characters, and basically anything and everything from the Star Wars universe. And while we anxiously await the opening of Star Wars lands in Walt Disney World and Disneyland, there is already a presence at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that is more powerful than you can possibly imagine. This week, we’ll take a close look at the Star Wars Launch Bay, as well as the Path of the Jedi, Jedi Training, themed food, and a very spoiler-free discussion of the new and original films. We’ll then look ahead at what’s to come for Star Wars in Walt Disney World. It’s not a trap… this is the discussion you’re looking for. And yes, the Star Wars quotes and funds are strong in this episode.

Get dates and locations about upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Save Money on your next Disney vacation with my new book 102 Ways to Save Money For And At Walt Disney World. Get it in print or take it with you anywhere with the digital copy, full of links to shows, videos, web sites and other resources. And get 40 FREE things to do, eat, collect and enjoy as well. Get your copy now at Disney102.com

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

LouMongello
Let me help you build your brand and business and turn your passion into your profession!

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What do you think of the new Star Wars Launch Bay in Walt Disney World? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Tomorrowland Audio Tour Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World Lou Mongello

pattern

102-Ways

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

Comments

comments

7 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 430 – Star Wars at Walt Disney World”

1. JamesD says:

Was very impressed with the new Star Wars’ Launch Bay! I think it bodes well for the future of the franchise, and the Studios.
    Excellent podcast, by the way!
    As an addendum, we just love the painting of Rey and BB-8 all alone that seems to convey the spirit of the new movie!

2. Tarantula says:

Hey Lou – where can we find the videos of your meet and greets that you mentioned in the show?

Thanks!

3. Wes Snyder says:

I’m ready to translate for you.

4. Kenneth Johnson says:

Hi Lou. Was looking for the videos and photos from you Launch Bay visit. Am I looking in the wrong place?

5. Chuck Zitta says:

The Force Awakens knocks it out of the park! Good to see the Star Wars series is back on track. Finally, my boys (16 and 18) were able to experience a newer release of the franchise that was worth getting excited about. They were able to experience what I experienced as a 12 year old boy back in 1977. The fun is back, the character personalities are back, AND the force is back! Yes, yes, yes! Keep it up Disney!!! Bought my oldest son the new Battlefront (Deluxe Edition) for Christmas. But, he didn’t bring his game system home from college for the break! So, I didn’t get a chance to check it out. To say the least, I was bummed. When I bought it, I had pictured the 2 of us gaming away in the Star Wars Universe. (Insert grown man crying here). You guys really got me excited about the Star Wars upgrades to HWS! Can’t wait to experience it in the years to come. Thanks for another fantastic show, Lou!!! And may the force be with you…

6. SoarinSteven says:

As a lover of the Star Wars prequels I hope the new films don’t ignore the worlds, characters, and creatures introduced in the PT. Walt Disney World has done a great job showcasing characters and worlds from all the films. I attended the Star Wars marathon on December 17, and seeing all 7 films in a row on the big scree was an incredible experience. The Force Awakens was superb, and the new characters were instantly lovable.

What Universal did with Harry Potter was incredibly impressive, and I CANNOT wait to see what Disney does with Star Wars land.

7. Ryan Hurley says:

The Launch Bay is fantastic! Since the release of this episode Disney has replaced Darth Vader with Kylo Ren and he’s spot on to the film.

Gotta mention guys that the Prequil bashing is really getting old. While I get that your generation generally doesn’t enjoy those films, there are millions of people who love those films. The prequels are what made that generation into Star Wars fans. With this new trilogy and additional anthology films coming, for your own sake, accept the franchise as a whole and you will be much happier. Note the aspects that you enjoy and don’t enjoy (just like Luke and his power converters from ANH) and accept that they aren’t going anywhere (note the several references to the Prequils in TFA). Time to “Move along, move along” & to quote another Disney franchise, “Let it go.”