/ Monday, April 11th, 2016

Top-Ten-Walt-Disney-World-Resort-Lobbies-443

From the awe-inspiring to the most detailed, well-themed, relaxing and enjoyable, this week we’re going to virtually explore and discuss our Top Ten Resort Lobbies in Walt Disney World, and ask you to share your favorite.

Call the Voicemail with a question, comment or “Hello!” from the parks – 407-900-9391

Join me for my LIVE video broadcast and chat Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at Facebook.com/LouMongello.

Get dates and locations about upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more on our Events page WDWRadio.com/Events

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Let me help you build your brand and business and turn your passion into your profession!
LouMongello

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is YOUR favorite Walt Disney World resort lobby? Share your thoughts in the comments below or call the voicemail at 407-900-9391!

pattern

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Trivia Contest Entry Form

Verification

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!
Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

I have read and agreed to your Privacy Policy.

Comments

comments

10 thoughts on “WDW Radio Show #443 – Top Ten Resort Lobbies in Walt Disney World”

1. Michelle O'Driscoll says:

I love resort hopping! I will definitely be adding some of these to my list.

I think my favorite so far is the French Quarter 🙂

2. Chuck Zitta says:

I’ve noticed that the last two shows have been a little longer (like some of the older shows). I’m liken’ it!

I found it very amazingly funny that the first two lobbies you and Tim discussed, were actually two lobbies I have actually stayed at. That being the Beach Club and French Quarter lobbies. Now you have to realize, we have only stayed on property 5 times, TOTAL. As in EVER. So the odds of you two naming 2 of those five? Pretty incredible. Anyway, here are some that I enjoy, even if we have not actually stayed in the resort (in no particular order):

1. Beach Club

2. Contemporary

3. Wilderness Lodge

4. Polynesian Village

5. Boardwalk Resort

6. French Quarter

7. Pop Century

8. Never been in the Grand Floridian Lobby. (Guess we need to visit there – sounds amazing!)

Thanks again for another fabulous show, Lou and Tim!!!

You and Tim at Bluezoo. Sounds like a plan!

Congrats on the 50th issue of Celebration Magazine Tim!

3. Wilderness Lodge is definitely my favorite if we’re just counting lobbies. It feels so warm and grand, plus I’m particularly fond of the Pacific Northwest. If we’re counting things directly adjacent to lobbies, I’d have to go with Animal Kingdom Lodge – after all, just a step outside, and you’re looking at giraffes and zebras, how cool is that?

4. Jill Mortimer says:

This is a tough one! I think the Beach Club is my favorite for purely nostalgic reasons. I stayed there a lot growing up and everything about it, even the smell, brings joy to me heart! Even if we go and don’t stay there my husband knows that the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe is still a requirement! I went on a Mother’s Day trip with my mom last year and we spent a few days at the Grand Floridian, and nostalgia aside, I think that would have to top my list!

5. Bruce Sherman says:

To Tim Foster. Concerning Boardwalk Resort. It is not just based on Atlantic City, but Coney Island too. Luna Park was (and is again) a amusement park in Coney Island. The model of the rollercoaster in the Lobby is a model of a coaster then existed in Luna Park, in Coney Island. In one of the historical photos of people strolling on a Boardwalk, in the background is a Carousel Building that existed in Coney Island. I was in that building. It is known as the Coney Island Carousel Building. Lucy the Elephant Hotel is a structure that still exists near Atlantic City. Coney island also had a Elephant Hotel, but that burnt down decades ago.

Bruce from the Coney Island section of Brooklyn

6. Elaine Mazzara says:

I literally almost fell to my knees the first time I entered the Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby. It was awe inspiring to me then and it still is to me now. I was so grateful to be able to stay in such a fine hotel. My husband, 2 teenage daughters and I explored every nook and cranny inside and out. My husband is a builder and so we talked about the construction challenges the architects and builders had to have had while constructing this magnificent structure. Thank you, Disney, for giving us such wonderful hotels to enjoy.

7. nick says:

Although I have only been to a few delux resorts, my favorite so far would have to be the Yacht Club. I will be down at the end of May and have plans to go to the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. Can’t wait to see them both! I love hearing about Disney history especially about WDW parks and the resorts. I would love to hear more back stories about the resorts and lobbies

8. Teresa says:

We are lucky enough to go to Disney every year and make it a point to visit a different Disney resort each time to check it out and have lunch (although this last November we were shut down from entering one of the properties because we were not staying there and security indicated it was to save room for guests to park – understood but disappointed). We spent quite a bit of time on one visit at the Polynesian resort in the art store talking with the cast members about different aspects of some of the artwork and the resort itself. Great conversation!!! But my husband’s reaction to Animal Kingdom Lodge is the reason it makes it our favorite. His nickname is Eeyore if that tells you anything and when he walked in he stopped dead and said “WOW!” That says it all…….

9. Melanie Pickett says:

What a great show! I have to say though Lou; GF has always been a great place for kids! Luckily my husband has a conference he can attend every Feb there and we’ve been several times. My youngest loves this resort! Her 1st stay was at 2 yrs and, along with her brother and sister, they love the ambiance. Dancing to the pianist or band, eating at the café (great restaurant as well), riding the elevator or taking the stairs, nice pools and beach… The new additions have just made it even more desirable.
    Also, your favorite balcony just happens to be where we had our small wedding reception after a few pics on the grand staircase almost 20 yrs ago 😉
    Last summer we got to the World in the early afternoon and took resort transportation from Car. Beach to Wilderness Lodge. We have been to WDW so many times yet never stayed there. We had such a wonderful time exploring then taking a boat to the Contemp. We then took a monorail to the Poly To check out the new lobby and then went over to eat at GF. It was one of the most enjoyable days! Thanks for the great show and we can’t wait for our next visit to take more time at a few other resort lobbies!

10. SoarinSteven says:

In 2005 when I did my first of two College Program internships I made a point to visit every Disney resort I had not stayed at during vacations prior. One of my favorite things to do every time I visit WDW is to resort hop. Boardwalk and Beach & Yacht Club are a must every time.

All the Disney resorts have their charms and appeal, but my favorite lobbies are definitely Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodges. As soon as you enter them you feel transported, and completely relaxed.

This was a fantastic listen, and Tim’s mention of Swan and Dolphin made me want to revisit those, and Lou’s brief comment on their restaurants makes me want to finally try one of them! As much as I visit the Boardwalk area I often neglect those two. Also love Lou’s mention of French Quarter. The quiet, intimate atmosphere has kept me going there the most of all Disney resorts.