/ Friday, August 26th, 2016

Leaving Walt Disney World to return to the “real world” back home is always bittersweet. I’m happy to return to my family and pup in New Jersey, but as the plane takes off down the runway, I can’t help but already miss my castle…err…home away from home. Thank goodness the stores with in the Walt Disney World Resort are stocked full of wonderful trinkets to purchase and serve as a reminder of a magical vacation.  There are so many wonderful and unique souvenirs to choose from that it can prove difficult on your wallet and luggage!

For me, I absolutely adore books and nothing beats a Disney book. Walt Disney World offers some wonderful options that can truly help capture the magic of the parks regardless of age. Collecting Disney themed books, especially ones centered on the theme parks, is my passion and my bookshelves overflow with many interesting titles. My Walt Disney World themed books tend to fall into one of three categories; story books about the parks, books about the creative process behind the park, and biographies/autobiographies of the people who created the parks. Let me show you a few of my favorite books in circulation!

disney books

disney books

disney books

Disney books

(Photos from the author’s personal collection.)

Do you see a book you would like to add to your collection?  Let us know in the comments section, and Erin can let you know where she found it!

Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001.  The fire was ignited and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.

Comments

comments

6 thoughts on “A Bibliophile’s Disney Collection”

1. Krystal says:

Now that collection is a thing of beauty! Thanks for sharing; I’ve been trying to pick up a new book each time I visit but I’m often thwarted in not being able to find them easily anymore. Where do you look for books in the parks now? When will they just open up a book store in Disney Springs and take my money already?! 😉

2. Andrew Prince says:

Nice article:-)

3. Karrie Larsen says:

We just purchased Since The World Began. (I cheated and got it used of eBay). SO enjoying reading this book and all the pictures in it!! Our daughter is quite the bookworm, so I suspect that on our next trip she will be browsing the books in all the gift shops. Thanks for sharing your collection with us!

4. erin stough says:

KRYSTAL:
    Wouldn’t that be amazing if there was a marvelous bookstore opened on property!?! I can just see all the magical details in my head. A few of the titles I have picked up at wdw, but for my money, I am a HUGE amazon fan. I can find some great deals on books as well as create a very long wish list so I don’t forget about the new books coming out. Also, I’m not sure where you live, but see if you can find a used bookstore. Some of the older books in my collection have come from used bookstores. They are a gold mine!!! Best of luck and have fun reading.

5. erin stough says:

KARRIE:

I hope you’re daughter and yourself are enjoying “Since the World Began.” That is a favorite of mine also. Have you or your daughter read any of the Imagineer books? There is a series of books with “The Imagineering Guide to…” (these are shown in the first pic) Each park has it’s own book. These are wonderful reads!! Lots of inside information as well as interesting pictures. The best part is they are small enough to fit into a purse or backpack.

The other Imagineering books, shown in the third pic, are also amazing. These are coffee table books with first hand account from the Imagineers. Happy reading!!

6. erin stough says:

ANDREW:
    Thank you 🙂 Had a great time highlighting my magical little library.