10-Secrets-You-Never-Knew-About-Adventureland

This week, I will continue taking you on our journey through the parks, as we dig a little (and maybe a lot) deeper as we discover and explore 10 Secrets You Never Knew About Adventureland. From its history to details to stories and its hidden and lost treasures, it will give you a new sense of understanding and appreciation of this rich land, and hopefully encourage you to do some exploring of your own next time you’re there.

I announce a new, unique, special event I’m hosting in Walt Disney World this October!

Call the Voicemail with a question, comment or “Hello!” from the parks – 407-900-9391

Join me for my LIVE video broadcast and chat Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at Facebook.com/LouMongello.

Get dates and locations about upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more on our Events page

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Let me help you build your brand and business and turn your passion into your profession!
LouMongello.com

Join me for the Momentum Workshop Weekend in Walt Disney World!

Momentum-Header

Momentum Workshop Walt Disney World Lou Mongello WDW Radio

wdwradio-mongello-disney-ebay-auctions

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is YOUR favorite secret or detail from Adventureland? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

pirates-of-the-caribbean-jets-helmet-Walt-Disney-World-wdw-radio-mongello

pattern

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Trivia Contest Entry Form

Verification

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

Comments

comments

12 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 457 – 10 Secrets You Never Knew About Adventureland”

1. Emily says:

I’m so glad you mentioned the scavenger hunt that started at the Tiki Room! My parents and I first visited Disney World in mid-90s (during the birthday cake castle years) and we followed the signs to join the scavenger hunt and ended up stuck in the Tiki Room. Up until a couple years ago, I still had an aversion to the Tiki Room because we thought we had been tricked into attending it and there was no scavenger hunt!

2. shawn baker says:

Orange bird song sung by Anita Bryant

3. Chuck Zitta says:

One of my favorite details is a rather large one. It’s actually quite obvious, very abundant and creates, in my humble opinion, one of the most immersive of the lands in the Magic Kingdom. And that is… The foliage. Whether man made or natural, when I enter Adventureland, I am immediately transported into a world, much different than what most consider “the norm”. Surrounded on all sides by the unknown sounds of the jungle, it’s a world, filled with mysteries of nature, a world where the unexpected may lay just around the foliage on the left, a world where wild predatory animals, unruly natives, pillaging pirates and exotic singing birds roam free! It truly is a land “full” of adventure, to say the least. Not to mention, one of my favorite attractions, POTC. And to take it one step further, walk through Adfentureland at night and all elements mentioned above are turned up a notch (or two). Bombarding your senses, and creating an incredible experience for all who have a “little sense of adventure” in their hearts.

Thanks again for another adventurous show, Lou and Ryan!!!

4. Monica says:

While I’m listening to this podcast I really like how you are respectfully engaging in conversation with the guest. This got me to thinking about other top tens I’ve listened to when your guest is Tim Foster, who is my most favorite guest and top tenner on your show. I feel like you engage much differently with Tim. It’s like you’re teasing him so badly, giving his such a hard time about what he adds to the list. This is probably just how you and Tim have humor with each other (if that makes any sense) and I know you are good friends. However, as a fan of Tim too and the things he likes/adds to the podcast, give him a little break. 🙂 I just had to get that off my chest. Otherwise, I love your energy and how emphatic you are when discussing the various Disney topics you choose to showcase on the podcast. And more bananas foster please!

5. Tom Morris says:

Loved the podcast. Adventureland is my second favorite land and one of the best to go visit at night as it has a completely different vibe. Sure its harder to see the details but when its dark its more exciting. My family is treking down from TN for our trip to WDW at the end of Sept and I hope that will be when the next meetup.

6. Dennis Keithly says:

I loved this episode. The secret details episodes are amazing. I love learning these things.

7. Laurie says:

Hi Lou, I, too, would have had the Star Trek reaction to Rura Penthe! First love Disney, followed closely by second love, Star Trek. If the name was used in Disney as an ode to 20,000 Leagues, do you think it was used in Star Trek as an ode to Disney? That would be awesome….worlds colliding!

8. Diane J says:

Hi Lou—One of my favorite details in Adventureland is actually right outside the shop you talked about—the Zanzibar Trading Company. I have always loved the sign at the corner. It has a mechanical “whirligig” type detail to it, of 3 sailing ships going around and around above some blue waves. Sometime after 2010, this amazing little detail stopped working. Each trip, I look up there, hoping to see the sailing ships moving around in a circle, but alas as of this past March it has remained stationary. Such a small thing—if Disney only knew how a repair to this little gizmo would make this Disney Enthusiast VERY happy indeed.

9. Doug Rapson says:

Kudos Lou(and Ryan) on another terrific show. How can you not love an episode with a Star Trek reference? Gotta ask, though… where’s Jim Korkis been? Bout time to bring him round again, amiright??? Thanks for bringing the magic every week.

10. Emily says:

Hey Lou! I listened to the secrets of Main Street that you and Ryan recently did and I loved this one about Adventureland just as much! While I was listening I was thinking it would be cool to do 10+ secrets about everyone’s favorite, Haunted Mansion. If you have done something similar to this in a DSI or another show, please let me know! I would love to hear a few more lesser know facts and secrets about my favorite attraction! Thanks for the great podcasts!

11. J E T S – Jets, Jets, Jets.
    Maybe the pirate liked football or maybe he was a fan of West Side Story.
    Remember “When your a Jet, your a Jet for life.” (and I guess even into death.)
    Great Show!

12. Bobby Friedman says:

One of my favorite details of Adventureland, is that it covers regions from all over the world. Africa, Asia/ south east Asia, Oceania, Polynesia, Latin America and the Caribbean. I love that it’s substantially larger than Disneylands and covers more regions, like the Carribean. One of my favorite lands, especially at night. I wasn’t able to get a voicemail on my busy trip, but I will have one for Tuto Italia/Gusto.