Opening on August 1, 1997, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort ushered in a new age for Walt Disney World Resort properties. Often nicknamed “the Convention Resort”, Coronado Springs Resort was Disney’s first attempt at a moderately priced convention-centered property. At a staggering 25-plus acres, Coronado Springs is full of amenities to welcome the weary tourist, whether he be business person or park guest. Walking and biking trails, a large serene lake, multiple restaurants (quick service and sit-down), full gym and beauty salon are just a few of the resort’s impressive features.
However, the true beauty of this resort can be seen when a keen eye takes a closer look at all the carefully chosen decorative details. Color, architecture, landscape and ingeniously placed props work together to tell the backstory of this American-Southwest/Mexican themed resort. Hopefully, after completing this week’s quiz, you will gain a deeper appreciation for this often over looked resort.
1. What is the name of the Coronado Springs Resort’s main building?
- Great Ceremonial House
- El Centro
- Mi Casa
2. How many villages are located within Coronado Springs Resort?
3. How many ballrooms are located at Coronado Springs Resort?
4. What is the name of the Coronado Springs Resort’s main pool?
- The Quiet Pool
- The Dig Site
- The Great Temple
5. What is the name of the Mexican temple found in the pool?
- Mayan Temple
- The Dig
- Pyramid of the Sun
6. What is the name of the man made lake at Coronado Springs Resort?
- Lago Verde
- Lago Dorado
- Aqua Fortuna
Erin Stough has always loved Disney, but the magic of the parks truly captured her imagination during a mother-daughter trip in 2001. The fire was ignited and Erin hasn’t looked back! When she isn’t devouring Disney related books, Erin spends time with her wonderful (and patient) husband and super pup Milo.