/ Monday, September 19th, 2016

461-snacking-our-way-aounrd-uk-epcot-world-showcase-wdw-radio-mongello

Exploring and understanding a nation, or in this case, a World Showcase pavilion, is best achieved when accompanied by a guide. This week, we’ll tour the UK pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase with not just a friend from England, but with a bit of a different spin, as we Snack Our Way Around the UK. We’ll start off a proper English day by visiting Yorkshire Fish and Chips, and then sampling a (wide) variety of snacks from The Tea Caddy, all recorded live from Walt Disney World!

So many moments in Disney history have defined and shaped not just the movies and theme parks, but pop culture, moviemaking, family entertainment, and so much more. This week, we’re going to imagine we could go back in time, and discuss those Moments in Disney History We Wish We Could Have Witnessed…. I think you might be surprised at some of the events that made the list… and I’ll want to hear what is on the top of YOUR list as well.

Call the Voicemail with a question, comment or “Hello!” from the parks – 407-900-9391

Join me for my LIVE video broadcast and chat Wednesdays at 7:30pm ET at Facebook.com/LouMongello.

Get dates and locations about upcoming WDW Radio Disney meets, On the Road events and more on our Events page

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this week’s episode of the WDW Radio show. Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

Let me help you build your brand and business and turn your passion into your profession!
LouMongello.com

Join me for the Momentum Workshop Weekend in Walt Disney World!

Use discount code wdwradio30 and SAVE 30% off your ticket!

Momentum-Header

Momentum Workshop Walt Disney World Lou Mongello WDW Radio

wdwradio-mongello-disney-ebay-auctions

QUESTION for YOU from this week’s show: What is YOUR favorite snack in the UK? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Other episodes from the UK Pavilion:

uk-epcot-snacks fish-1 uk-fish-2

pattern

Please click here to Rate & Review the show in iTunes (with instructions) – Thank You!!

Trivia Contest Entry Form

Verification

Get the Latest from WDW Radio Delivered to You Each Week!

Comments

comments

8 thoughts on “WDW Radio # 461 – Snacking Our Way Around the U.K.”

1. Chuck Zitta says:

How sweet is that (pun intended). Martyn Shergold as your guest for the show! Great to see that another NATION member has made it on the show. Martyn sounds like a hoot. Would love to meet up with him one of these years in WDW for a little fun. Dug the “hob knobs” expression :0)

This is no joke, our last trip down we stayed at the Beach Club, and the VERY FIRST thing we did after getting all checked in was head into EPCOT and stop at the fish n’ chips cart for a snack/lunch. LOL!!! And though all that wonderful candy sounds tasty, I’d have to say that the fish n’ chips is my favorite snack in the United Kingdom. Possibly a nice cold beer from the pub to go along with it as well. The Guinness crisps sounded like a pretty tasty way to finish off your sweets adventure! I agree Lou, I love to combine sweet with spicy. Always makes it interesting for the taste buds. It all sounds so good! Actually, is it possible to gain weight just listening to you guys eat sweets? Sure feels like it. LOL!!! Sounds like you boys had a jolly good time. Wish I could have been there with ya.

Thanks again for another tasty-sweet show, Lou and special guest Martyn!!!

2. James Garfield says:

Another great show. I continued to listen even though I British. Martyn singing “Frys Turkish Delight” made me cringe a little 🙂

Did Lou get a little confused over the “Chip Butty” due to the whole Chip/Crisp/Fry translation issue? Lou mentioned putting Doritos (a crisp!) in a sandwich. A Chip Butty uses a British Chip (Chunky French Fry).

3. William Bragg says:

I think Disney could have a daily/weekly tour of the World Showcase exploring the foods of the different countries. Lou, you could show them how it should be done.

Chuck is right…nice to see the NATION representing.

Fish & Chips on the patio during IllumiNations is magical!

…and Bob’s your uncle. Love that phrase

4. Lisa says:

I loved this show. It’s so fun to tour the countries with natives. I’m looking forward to a similar thing for France….

5. Jessica Keiber Waterfield says:

Great show as always. I really enjoyed learning about the food and such from someone who is native to the food and such, as well as your response to them.

My son and I had a great time researching the trivia question also.

Thank you is not enough to say for what this podcast has done for my kids and myself.

6. mike says:

Lou! Your killing me! I am in a diet and turned this episode. I had to go out and take a walk just to keep away from ordering fish and chips. Last summer I took the whole family to WDW. We got the fish and chips at the same place you did. We went down the back to the gardens and say on the curb and shared every bite. It was an amazing WDW moment that you can’t plan ahead of time! Cheers Mate!

7. Rob says:

Lou/Martyn: Excellent podcast! I will be in Epcot this coming week with my family and although I have eaten the fish and chips many times before, we have never really spent much time looking at the chocolates and crisps. Well, we are using the tips from you two to try some of those other snacks!!!

Thanks again!

8. Melanie Pickett says:

What a great time I had today with you both! Do you know how much I want a good fish and chips right now?! Luckily we have a great pub (won best pub in world this yr!) right down the rd from me here in GA. But the Cadbury situation is very upsetting! I had heard abt the hoopla with Hershey’s from English friends a year ago (https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/hershey-sues-shops-importing-british-cadbury-chocolate/?client=safari) and it’s so ridiculous and sad (for us in the US!) Cadbury is so much better and I always looked forward to stocking up when in Epcot.
    Thanks again Lou for such a great show and I have loved “being there” with you at the Food and Wine Festival!!!
    My kids and I are having the best time since we really wanted to actually be there this fall!