1.When did the Magic Kingdom attraction Seven Dwarfs Mine Train officially open?
- May 28, 2014 – The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train officially opened to the excited guests on May 28, 2014. However, the other two dates in the answer section are also important. The attraction was dedicated on May 2, 2014 and held a soft opening on May 21, 2014.
- May 2, 2014
- May 21, 2014
2. True or False: All Audio-Animatronic figures are new, specially made for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. – While the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train features new advanced Audio-Animatronics that have digitally mapped media projected onto the figures faces via an internal rear projection system, not all of the Audio-Animatronic characters are new. Some old favorites can be found in the final scenes of the attraction – Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy are recycled from the original attraction Snow White’s Scary Adventure. In addition to the dwarfs, two vultures from Snow White’s Scary Adventure make a reappearance in the beginning sequences of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
3. True or False: Walt Disney World Imagineering manufactured and produced the attraction Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. – While Walt Disney World Imagineering was pivotal in designing Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, it did not manufacture/produce the ride. That responsibility fell to a Netherlands roller-coaster producing company called Vekoma. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was not the first time Walt Disney Imagineering partnered with Vekoma to work on an attraction. In fact, over the course of 20 plus years, Vekoma has manufactured over 10 Disney attractions. Some of Vekoma’s Disney attraction highlights include – Big Thunder Railroad (Disneyland Paris 1992), The Barnstormer (Walt Disney World, 1996), Expedition Everest (Walt Disney World, 2006), and the upcoming TRON Lightcycle Power Run (Walt Disney World, 2021).
4. How many sizes of gems/jewels can be found within the entire Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction? Throughout the entire attraction the gems/jewels can be seen in four different sizes and six colors – red, green, amber, purple, blue, and clear! Have fun looking for all the combinations.
5. Which song can be heard in the queue of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?
- Time to Wash Up
- Music in Your Soup – An original song for the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, this song was entirely rough animated but eventually cut due to time concerns.
- Bubble Trouble
To learn more about Erin and read her recent post for WDW Radio, visit her author page by clicking the link on her name at the top of this post.