1. According to the official Imagineering backstory, that building that houses Animal Kingdom’s Restaurantosaurus was originally what type of business?
- Fishing Lodge – Originally in 1946, the building that currently houses Restaurantosaurus was a cozy fishing lodge in a sleepy town called Diggs County off of Route 498.
- Gas Station
- Outdoor Store
2. True or False: A reference to the classic animated Disney film Fantasia can be found inside Restaurantosaurus.
In the main room towards the back wall, two character concept sketches can be found of different dinosaurs that would be featured in the “Rite of Spring” passage of Fantasia.
3. A portrait of an older gentleman hangs in the room that was originally a dinosaur museum. Who is this gentleman?
- The first paleontologist in Digs County
- The original owner of Restaurantosaurus
- The original benefactor of the Dino Institute – The portrait is of Clarence P. Wilkerson, a major benefactor of the Dino Institute project.
4. In Restaurantosaurus, there is a building with a mechanic’s garage theme. What is the name of this building?
- Dino Garage
- Quonset Hut – This was originally built in order to be the maintenance bay for all field vehicles. Make sure to take a look around to see all the cool references to automobiles in the decor and artwork.
- Mechanics Hut
(Exterior Photo – Flickr Creative Commons, Restaurantosaurus Disney’s Animal Kingdom copyright Josh Hallett, license; Interior Photo – Flickr Creative Commons, Restaurantosaurus copyright Miss Millificent, license)
To learn more about Erin and read her recent post for WDW Radio, visit her author page by clicking the link on her name at the top of this post.