Welcome back to the WDW Radio Hall of Fame. It’s good to see you again. In case you missed it, my name is Dan Mulka, and I’m the Janitor here at the WDW Radio Hall of Fame. We’re going to talk artwork, but first, let’s get those caught up who may have missed out on what the WDW Radio Hall of Fame is all about.
Last Month’s Inductee
Last month, the WDW Radio family inducted Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress into the WDW Radio Hall of Fame. The attraction is the third inductee into The Hall, with Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse being the first two.
How the Hall Works
Each month, we are going to look at a category. First, we’ll open up the category for nominations. Then, the WDW Raido Blog Team will gather up all the nominations from the website and The Box People, and choose 5 to be voted on.
The one nominee that gets the most votes will be inducted! Although, every so often, the Blog Team may choose to elect a second inductee into the Hall that month.
- Music (January)
- Architecture (February)
- Merchandise (March)
- Special Achievement (April)
- Cast Member (May)
- Character (June)
- Special Event (July)
- Non-Park Experience (August)
- Ride (September)
- Artwork (October)
- Live entertainment / Nighttime spectacular (November)
- Food / Dining (December)
This Month’s Category – Artwork
Which piece of art stand out at Walt Disney World and deserves to be inducted into the Hall? Now, artwork can be truly subjective – what is art? We left it a little vague to help spur discussion and honor true excellence.
Some things that come to my mind, which you may or may not agree with:
- Mary Blair’s nine-story tile mural in the Grand Canyon Concourse of Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Cinderella Castle Mosaic
- The Spaceship Earth Mural
Ready to nominate? It’s simple. You can either leave your nomination as a comment below or as a comment on the Facebook post in The Box People group. You have until Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at [5:00] PM EST to make your nomination!
- Mary Blair’s Contemporary Resort Mural, Photo by Jared, Flickr Creative Commons License
- Cinderella Castle Mosaic, Photo by Mrs. Gemstone, Flickr Creative Commons License
- Spaceship Earth Mural, Photo by Sam Howzit, Flickr Creative Commons License
To learn more about Daniel and read his recent posts for the WDW Radio Blog, visit his author page by clicking the link on his name at the top of this post.