Join Lou Mongello & WDW Radio listeners on board the Disney Dream!
November 4-8, 2012
4-night Bahamas Cruise visiting the ports of Nassau & Castaway Cay with special guest Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman of the Sherman Brothers
JOINING US ON THE CRUISE?
Dream Cruise Itinerary
All events, times and locations are subject to change – check your Navigator and WDWRadio Dream Cruise Schedule (provided at the WDW Radio Welcome Center when you embark) - More to come!
Updates, Helpful Hints and Information
- NEW – Our inaugural WDW Radio Charity Raffle At Sea! Though a “Chinese Auction” format, you can get raffle tickets in exchange for a donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America and place them in containers for some amazing collectibles, experiences, and one-of-a-kind items! Details HERE!
- At Port Canaveral, because people will be arriving at various times, and there is no single location that will accommodate our group size, we will try and congregate in the seating area on the right side of the terminal building
- Once on board, you will see that there are countless activities taking place throughout the day and evening for adults, families, children and teens both individually and in groups. Because there is SO much to do on board the Disney Dream, we don’t want to conflict with so many of the fun activities and events going on that we will all have the opportunity to participate in! Remember, you can do as much or as little as you like to enjoy your cruise, whether it’s Bingo, dancing, the Spa, shopping, exploring the ship, sports, movies, the pool (AquaDuck!) or just relaxing on deck! Between what the Dream has to offer and our events, you’ll find that four days on board just isn’t enough!
- WDW Radio Cruise - Flag Contest!
- Throughout history, pirates have used flags to identify their ships and express their individuality. While we are certainly not a group of pirates, we ARE once again sponsoring the WDW Radio Cruise 2.0 flag contest, and we want YOU to use this opportunity to show us your individuality. On our last cruise, we were treated to a number of artistic creations that celebrated the Disney spirit. It was a difficult contest to judge as there were so many clever and creative entries! And we KNOW that this year will be no different!
- The theme for the WDW Radio Cruise 2.0 flag contest is: “SHARING THE DREAM WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY.” We are asking you to make a fabric-based flag to reflect this theme. Flags should not be larger than 24” x 36” and must be turned in at the welcome reception on November 4. You should have your name and stateroom number written on the back of the flag. Flags do NOT have to be attached to a dowel or stick. The creator of the winning entry will receive a special prize. So, dig into those closets and drag out your craft supplies. And have yourselves a jolly good time…. Savvy? If you have any questions about the contest, please feel free to contact Christy atChristy@WDWRadio.com
- WDW Radio Cruise Cabin Door Decorating Contest Info
- Here’s a fun contest that the whole family can participate in! Decorate your door with pictures of you and your family, Disney characters, magnets, postcards, clipart, your names in a “Disney font” (search online for Disney fonts for a great free selection)… anything you can think of! Maybe even try a theme, like cruising, pirates, Walt Disney World – get creative! (adding WDW Radio & Mouse Fan Travel logos doesn’t hurt, trust us!) ;) Not only can you enter your door to win a prize, but it’s an easy way to help find your cabin!
- CONTEST RULES:
- The stateroom doors are metal, and you can only affix things to your door using MAGNETS or magnetic paper – NO tape or glue of any kind! (magnetic paper or tape can be purchased at office supply or craft stores like Staples, Michaels, Walmart, etc.)
- You cannot cover up your stateroom number
- Doors are approximately 70 inches high by 27 inches wide. All elements of the decoration must be confined to the door area only. Cannot go beyond the door.
- Do not put anything valuable or irreplaceable on your door, as items may inadvertently get blown off, fall off, etc. We assume no responsibility for the loss of any items placed on your stateroom door.
- If you would like to have your staterooms door judged for the contest, you must:
- Sign up for the contest at the Welcome Center on Nov 4 between 12 noon & 3 pm.
- Have your door decorated by Monday, Nov 5 at 5:00 p.m.
- We will put a note on your door once it has been judged so you know that it has been reviewed
- Prizes (to be announced) will be awarded at the Farewell Party
- Have fun and good luck!!!
WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream – Tentative Itinerary Outline
The following is a brief outline of just SOME of the events and activities we have planned for the WDW Radio Radio Cruise 2012! There is MUCH more to come, including additional meets and maybe a few surprises as well. Stay tuned to and revisit this page for updates, information and more!
ALL TIMES AND EVENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE – BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR CREDENTIALS WHEN YOU GET ON BOARD AS WELL AS YOUR DAILY PERSONAL NAVIGATOR!
(A printed copy of the final itinerary will be provided to you at the Welcome Center when you board the ship)
Saturday, NOV. 3 - Pre-Cruise Party in Walt Disney World!
- IllumiNations Dessert Party – Epcot
- WDW Radio Cruisers who booked rooms in the official WDW Radio Pre-Cruise Disney World room package with Mouse Fan Travel get up to two free tickets to this event.
- For more information about booking a room at Walt Disney World for a pre-cruise stay, visit http://bit.ly/wdwmftpre12
- We have confirmed everyone who booked into the official land group for their free admission to the party and great news! If you didn’t book a pre-cruise room, don’t worry! A limited number of tickets to the pre-cruise Illuminations dessert party are now available!! Tickets will go on sale on Monday September 24, 2012 at 12:00pm ET/9:00am PT at: http://wdwradioprecruise12.
eventbrite.comThere are a very limited number of tickets and they will be sold on a first come first served basis. So don’t wait too long!
Sunday, NOV. 4 - EMBARKATION
- 12:00 pm (approx.) – Board ship and lunch on your own
- 12:00 – 3:00pm (approx.) – WDW Radio Welcome Center– Location: D-LOUNGE
- Pick up WDW Radio Cruise credentials
- Credentials should be worn while on board ship and MUST be worn at the some events for entry
- Stop by for Q&A
- Meet your fellow WDW Radio cruisers!
- Sign up for Stateroom tours (Royal Suite, Virtual Porthole cabins) – Based on availability
- Pick up your Dream Cruise Bingo game
- Register for Door Decorating Contest
- Turn in your WDW Radio Dream Cruise Banner
- And More – TBA
- Pick up WDW Radio Cruise credentials
- 4:00-4:20 pm - Mandatory Lifeboat Drill – Check Navigator for Time
- 4:30 pm – Sail Away Party – Deck 11 Family Pool Area
- Explore the Disney Dream on your own!
- 5:45 pm – Main Dining Dinner & Show at Walt Disney Theater – Based on your rotation (Check your key card)
- 9:30 pm – (approx.)Evening Meetup in Evolution at “The District”- Adults Only
Monday, NOV. 5 Nassau - 9:30am – 6:00pm
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Pin and Vinylmation Trading Meet – Deck 11 Midship by Eye Scream/Frozen Treats (yes, we can have ice cream, too!!)
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm - Kids Pen Pal Meet Up – Meet at Mini Golf on Deck 13
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm - “Let’s Get Together…. with Richard Sherman” Kickoff Meet – Walt Disney Theater – Deck 3 Forward
- 5:00 pm - Door Decorating Contest Deadline – Doors must be finished & ready for judging by 5:00pm
- 5:45 pm - Main Dining Show at Walt Disney Theater – Based on your rotation (Check your key card)
- NEW! 9:30 pm (approx.) - Evening Meetup in “The District” – Adults Only – WDW Radio PAJAMA PARTY!!!
- Come join your fellow Dream Cruisers for a Late night Pajama Party in The District. Wear your jammies if you like, (but please keep it family-friendly and 100% G-Rated). Shoes required… fluffy slippers are optional. (No bare feet, please)
Tuesday, NOV. 6 - Castaway Cay & Pirate Night - 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 9:15 am – Group Photo on Castaway Cay – Meet at Boat Beach
- 10:30 am – Let’s all take a dive on Pelican Plunge! – Meet at Pelican Plunge
- 1:00 pm - Cool Off With Some Ice Cream Meet – Cookie’s BBQ – Meet at Gumbo Limbo (Covered seating area)
- 5:45 pm - Main Dining Dinner & Show at Walt Disney Theater – Based on your rotation (Check your key card)
- 8:00 pm - Pirates in the Caribbean party – Deck 11 Family Pool
- 10:30 pm – Buccaneers Blast/Club Pirate – Deck 11 Family Pool
- 9:30 pm (approx.) – Evening Meetup in “The District” – Adults Only
Wednesday NOV. 7 - At Sea
- 9:30 am – Cove Cave “Caffeine Meet” – Cove Cafe, Deck 11 Forward (Adults-only area)
- 1:00 pm – WDW Radio Pool Party!! – Deck 11 Midship – Port Side – Swim, AquaDuck, Pin Trade, Grab a Snack, or just enjoy some sun or shade with us!
- 4:45 pm – 5:45pm – WDW Radio Dream Cruise Farewell Party – Evolution – Deck 4 Aft
- 5:45 pm – Main Dining Show at Walt Disney Theater – Based on your rotation (Check your key card)
- 9:30 pm (approx) – Evening Meetup in “The District”- Adults Only
Thursday, NOV. 8 - Disembark
- Breakfast & transfer on your own to resort or airport