I feel a great (awesome!) disturbance in the Force…
Whether you’re a Jedi or Sith, whether you love Jar Jar Binks or think the only Trilogy is the first trilogy… or even if you have no idea what I’m talking about, I want to invite you to join me and celebrate WDW Radio’s 9th Anniversary on one of the very first Star Wars™™ Cruises on the Disney Fantasy!
Join us for a week of fun, food, and geeky goodness (and oh, the surprises and activities I’m already thinking of planning…) February 6-13, 2016 as we travel to a a galaxy far, far away… or maybe just the Western Caribbean!
This cruise marks one of the first official appearance of the heroes and villains of Star Wars™ aboard a Disney Cruise Line ship, as Star Wars™ Day at Sea combines the power of the Force, the magic of Disney and the excitement of cruising for an out-of-this-galaxy experience unlike any other.
Occurring one day during each of eight Disney Fantasy sailings, Star Wars™ Day at Sea will transport guests to a galaxy far, far away — in the Western Caribbean, including Cozumel, Grand Cayman and, of course, Disney Castaway Cay – a private island paradise! The event features a full day of Star Wars™ celebrations, including a deck party, meet-and-greets with favorite characters, Star Wars™-themed youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Also featured will be exclusive at-sea screenings of the Star Wars™ films and the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars™ Rebels.
Other highlights include:
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars™ galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. Guests also are encouraged to dress up in their own stellar costumes.
A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Jedi hopefuls – known as “Padawans” – to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars™ trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars™-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars™-themed specialty cocktails are served.
- Guests can watch the first six Star Wars™ films and follow Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke and Leia along their epic journey.
Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars™ Rebels.
On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars™ galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
- Star Wars™ Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars™ deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- Star Wars™ characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars™ saga in a show featuring special effects and guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars™
Departing from Port Canaveral, the seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands and Disney Castaway Cay – a private island paradise.
RSVP, ask questions and keep in touch with other cruisers on our Facebook Event Page