Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Candlelight Processional in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know where I can find the Candlelight Processional script read by the celebrity narrators? There's one section I want to use. Thanks!...
    mrblackpts is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Candlelight Processional

Does anyone know where I can find the Candlelight Processional script read by the celebrity narrators? There's one section I want to use.

Thanks!

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Welcome aboard!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Please forgive my typos, spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. This is from the 2000 recording with Phylicia Rashad as the narrator.

1. Candlelight Overture (includes many tunes performed, including “The Dreidel Song.”)

2. “Shout for Joy”

3. Narrator: “And You Shall Call Him Jesus”

And it came to pass, that the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee named Nazareth. He came to a virgin named Mary, who was betrothed to Joseph, of the House of David. And the Angel said, “The Lord is with you…blessed are you among women.” And Mary was troubled at the sight of him, and his words. And the angel said to her, “Fear not Mary: For you have found favor with God, and behold, you shall conceive and bring forth a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.”

4. “O Come All Ye Faithful”

5. Narrator: “And She laid Him In A Manger”

And there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. And all went to be enrolled, everyone to the city of his birth. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth to Judea, and into Bethlehem, the City of David. He took Mary with him, she being at the time great with child. While they were there, Mary brought forth her first-born son, wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

6. “Il Est Ne”

7. Narrator: “I Bring You Good Tidings Of Great Joy”

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the filed, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the Angel of the Lord came upon them and the glory of the lord shone round about them. And they were sore afraid. And the Angel said unto them: “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you —You shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”

8.”O Holy Night”

9. Narrator: “Glory To God In The Highest”

The shepherds rose to follow the star as it shone in the East, and suddenly there was with the Angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host, praising God and saying “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, good will toward men!”

10. “Angels From The Realms Of Glory”

11. Narrator: “They Rejoiced With Exceeding Great Joy”

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem in the days of Herod the King, Wise Men came from the East to Jerusalem saying, “Where is He who is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” And when they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy!

12. “Rejoice with Exceeding Great Joy/We Three Kings”

13. Narrator “They Found The Little Child”

And the star which they had seen in the East went before them, until it came and stood over where the little child was. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young child with his mother Mary, and they fell down and worshipped Him. And they offered their treasures and presented gifts to Him: gold and frankincense and myrrh.

14. “What Child Is This?”

15. Narrator “Eternal Promise of Goodness and Light”

And like the Magi Kings and shepherds of 2,000 years ago, we gather tonight to honor the birth of the Holy Babe…and we pause to remember His eternal promise of goodness and light.

16. “Do You Hear What I Hear?”

17. Narrator: “One Solitary Life”

He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman; he grew up in still another village, where he worked in a carpenter shop until he was thirty. Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher. He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family or owned a house. He didn’t go to college. He never visited a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place where He was born. He did none of the things one usually associates with greatness. He had no credentials but Himself. He was only thirty-three when the tide of public opinion turned against Him. His friends ran away. He was turned over to his enemies and went through a mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross, between two thieves. While He was dying, his executioners gambled for his clothing, the only property He had on Earth. When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend. Twenty centuries have come and gone, and today He is considered by many to be the central figure of the human race and the leader of mankind’s progress.

All the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man on this Earth as much as that One Solitary Life.

18. “Silent Night”

19. Narrator: “We Still Celebrate”

Although hundreds of years have passed, we still celebrate the birth of the baby in Bethlehem…and the joy of that first Christmas still lives in our hearts.

20. “Joy To The World”

21. Narrator “The Prince of Peace!”

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given. And the government shall be upon His shoulders, and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace!

22. “The Hallelujah Chorus”

23. Narrator “May The Joy And Peace”

May the joy and peace found at the manger be yours in abundance this Christmas season and always.

24. “The Wonderful World of Christmas”

25. “Away In A Manger”

26. “Angels We Have Heard On High”
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    That was a great show. My favorite part is "One Solitary Life".

Quote Originally Posted by nicks_ahoy View Post
    That was a great show. My favorite part is "One Solitary Life".
    I suspect that is what the OP was looking for, but I transcribed the entire thing anyhow. Pretty much everything else that is said by the narrator can be found in the New Testament.
    Amanda

mrblackpts is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Thank You!

Thanks for the entire thing! I am actually a pastor and trying to write my sermon for Sunday and wanted the section about 'one solitary life'. I just saw the processional on Tuesday and wanted to include that section and couldn't find it anywhere. Thank you much!

You're welcome mrblackpts.

I couldn't find it either when I tried to search for it.
    Amanda