Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss In your opinion....Which is a better month to go to Walt Disney World in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by avincent Which one is better the Halloween Party of the Christmas Party? Also What character meals are the best? My kids love Mickey , Donald & Chip ...
    turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by avincent View Post
    Which one is better the Halloween Party of the Christmas Party? Also What character meals are the best? My kids love Mickey , Donald & Chip & Dale. MY 3 year old insists Winnie the Pooh's name is "Little the Pooh"!!

Chef Mickey's is great and so is Crystal Palace. Pooh and his friends are at Crystal Palace. Liberty Tree Tavern is alot of fun and they serve homestyle cooking which we really enjoy. Chip and Dale, as well as Minnie, Pluto and Goofy are at Liberty Tree. If your kids like JoJo and Little Einsteins then they may enjoy Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine. It was alot of fun for the kids. Lots of music and dancing.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

avincent is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much TMama! itook my little sister in Sept of 2000 (seems like a million years ago) but when planning this trip I feel like I have never been there before because we were only there a couple of days & I have small kids now (my sis was 10 in 2000 14 years younger than me) I didn't know anything when we went, if I had I would have know not to go to the MK on Saturday!! LOL

One of the reason I thought about going in Sept is because other than Sat at the MK I didn't rember it being that crowded. I remeber it being hot & rain half the time but you can't really plan around the weather.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    You're right about the weather. I've only been twice and the first time my big sister was my navigator. When we went last month I was the planner for my mother-in-law and brother-in-law, and my crew. I really felt like I didn't know anything, but I have learned alot being on here.

Make sure you are prepared for those afternoon showers no matter when you go.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If going into the pools and perhaps the water parks is important to you, then September is your best bet. Late November/early December might be pool weather and might not -- certainly not a sure thing. But September has a 100% chance of being warm (HOT!!!) enough to enjoy the pool and water parks.

Just one facet to consider ....
    -- Eric

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    MNSSHP started mid-September last year, so I would expect it to be starting at least that early this year as well.

A couple of things with the parties: 1) they start at 7 p.m. and run until midnight. If your kids are not night-owls, you won't get your money's worth. They are most crowded early on in the evening, and thin out after the fireworks which are around 9:45 - 10 p.m.

Both events have 2 showings of the parade (one before, one after the fireworks), stage shows at the castle forecourt (MVMCP also has one at the Galaxy Palace Theater), the special fireworks (which are outstanding, but no fun if your kids are afraid of them!), "dance parties" (places where the characters hang out and there is a DJ and some Cast Members getting the kids playing with the characters). Select attractions are open as well, kind of like an extra magic hours night.

I went to both parties this year, both times without the kids, and honestly both times I was glad the kids were not with me. That sounds terrible, I know, but I think they would have been tired, cranky, and not enjoyed it. DS is not a fireworks fan, and has no patience waiting for shows or parades. And it is a lot of money to spend just to go on a few rides. My plan going to the parties was to see and do as much special party stuff as possible, and if I got on a ride or two, that was a bonus.

Between the two parties, both are lots of fun, but the Halloween one seemed a little less hectic and more spread out - trick or treating is scattered about the park and pretty quick at each stop, I believe there was only the one stage show. Adults and kids both dressed in costumes (not all were as family friendly as you might expect, and some kids are afraid of costumes anyway).

Look for dates/announcements about Magical Beginnings, MNSSHP dates & tickets towards the end of April/beginning of May.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12