Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss In your opinion....Which is a better month to go to Walt Disney World in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi I am new here & planning our first family trip to Disney World. It would be myself, my husband & our 2 sons who would be age 4 & ...
    avincent is offline A-Ticket holder

In your opinion....Which is a better month to go to Walt Disney World

Hi I am new here & planning our first family trip to Disney World. It would be myself, my husband & our 2 sons who would be age 4 & 2. I am looking at
    Sept. 20 - 24 or Nov 29 - Dec 3 2007. In your opinion which would be better for crowds, weather etc.. I would appreciate any tips on our trip!! I think we are looking at staying at All Star Movies because of the theming. Also I worry about the kids being too young to enjoy the trip but my oldest LOVES Disney & has been asking to go since July. What do you guys think? Thank you for any advice you could give.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Honestly... I think April is the best... The week right after easter me and my dad went and there was no one there... There was seriously about 100 people in the Magic Kingdom until 10 am
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, avincent!

Both of your dates would be good. September may be a little less crowded, and you may be able to get the Disney Dining Plan for free during your stay then (if they offer the same promotion this year as they did last year.) Also, last year was the first year they offered Magical Beginnings - special events and concerts for preschool aged kids during late August - September. Weather is still warm but not as ghastly hot as summer.

The November-December dates has the advantage of being part of the holiday season at WDW, which is truly magical. The parks are decorated, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is running, and weather is comfortable. Crowds are variable - check when the Pop Warner Superbowl dates are for 2007, as they tend to fill the value resorts with mini football players and cheerleaders.

Your kids are not too young! My youngest has gone every year since he was 6 months old. 2 -3 yrs. old can be a little challenging if you're potty training, but one thing Disney has lots of is clean restrooms. Your 2 yr old won't require an admission ticket or dining plan (they still count as "infants" and are expected to either share meals with parents or not eat enough off a buffet to count) Don't expect to be able to see everything, and make sure to keep to the kids' schedule as best as you can (nap breaks are great!) because overtired kids lead to very cranky families.

Any more questions, feel free to ask!!! Happy Planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    September is always a good month. The weather is warm and crowds tend to be down after Labor Day. Right after Thanksgiving is pretty good if you like the weather cooler (realtive to Flroda norms that is) and the crowds are down also. There ar emore Holiday activities int he late November time frame, tyhe decorating for the Holidays is in full swing and Mickey's Very Merry Christams is startting. I always prefer Septmeber, but late Nov is very magical.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

April Rules!!!
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My mom and I went the week before Thanksgiving and it was a great time to go. Most schools are still in session so it isn't that crowded with vacationers, but the parks are already decorated for the holidays so they have that atmosphere. We hardly had to wait long for anything. It's a great time to go.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

i like going in april.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin View Post
    i like going in april.
    I think we got that message. However, the original poster did not ask which month was best, but which of the two months listed was better.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

My vote would be for September - I've gone in early October and weather and crowds were pleasant. I refuse to go at peak times again - anytime that schools are out or the holidays... though I haven't been there yet between thanxgiving and christmas to judge.

October is also a great time. So i would say september

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Can anyone help me with this one? Is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party running in late September? If so that may be a good time for kids. On the other hand, late November would also be good since Christmas decorations are up and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is running. Either time should have pleasant weather as far as temps go, although when we went in October 2005 we barely missed a hurricane. However, the schools in south Fl were out due to the hurricane so the parks were a little more crowded than normal for that time of year.

Personally, I can't wait to make another halloween trip.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Thanks. I actually did think about the end of April orginally but I thought I should give my little one (who is 16 months right now) a little time to get bigger & out of the 3 hour naps he takes. I had seen this Sept where they did offer the free dining does anyone know when they release any promotions for that time of year? Also can anyone help me with any MUST sees with toddlers. I have 2 boys. I was also thinking of going to either the Halloween part or the Very Merry Christmas party depending on which month we go. Does anyone reccommend or NOT these events. I was hoping for less crowded time at MK & Character interaction. I don't really care about the photos or the candy or cookies. SO what do you think?

Which one is better the Halloween Party of the Christmas Party? Also What character meals are the best? My kids love Mickey , Donald & Chip & Dale. MY 3 year old insists Winnie the Pooh's name is "Little the Pooh"!!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    We have been to both parties and personally I enjoyed Halloween more. That may be because that was also my first trip to WDW. We saw more characters during Halloween also. Crowds were lighter (in my opinion) during Halloween also and we were there on Oct 30 2005.

I do recommend both parties because they both offer parades and fireworks, and many other events, that you won't see on a normal day in the Magic Kingdom for the dates you have mentioned. The Christmas party was loads of fun but the crowds were a little much for me. We went early in December also (December 11 which was a Monday).
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast