Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A draft vacation plan help in the Ask The Experts forums; Like I said in a different thread, i'm going to Florida in April or July. Last time I planned my family trip I was overwhelmed and lost track of a ...
    jfm7391 is offline A-Ticket holder

A draft vacation plan help

Like I said in a different thread, i'm going to Florida in April or July. Last time I planned my family trip I was overwhelmed and lost track of a lot of things. I want to know if you guys can make a basic plan on what should I go for.

-I'll be going for week and a half/ 2 weeks
    -We'll get the there by car, so no flight booking, nor car rental
    -We want a resort on the Disney Property (preferably)
    -We'll be in the Disney parks for 7 days (including the water parks) and Universal Studios for 2
    -We don't plan to park hop or chose the non-expiration date
    -We want to go on certain tours, but I don't know how much they cost
    -Is there a way to get preferred seating at Disney shows and firework shows?

Based on these things, what do you guys feel are my best options for a resort, tickets, and etc. We're on a budget of $3,500 for the Hotel and tickets. I don't want to ask any sites or travel agencies just yet, but I want to create a basic plan to go off from. Hope this isn't a troublesome question.
    Why must we pay to experience the magic?

I got it! Let's all hide in caves of TSI tomorrow! I'll bring the nachos.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Your best bet is to go to Disneyworld.com and start with a vacation quote. There is no obligation at all, and most likely you'll end up with the highest prices to start planning with. It sounds like you are looking for a Magic Your Way package with the Water Park Fun and More option. After you know what you want, you can start hunting down discounts and if you want a travel agent.

Look carefully at the ticket prices - going from a 7 day to an 8 day ticket is only an additional $2.25 or so per adult. Seriously! Also, Park Hopping is a good idea if you are going in the heat or near any of the holidays. Being able to leave a hot, crowded park, take a break at the resort, and then hop to a new park for the evening has always gone a long way in letting us get the most out of our summer vacations. It's also handy if you want to go back to a park for just a few things you missed earlier in the week.

I'm sure Universal has some website with ticket prices, so you can find out how much going over to the other side will cost and deduct that from your tickets budget. Then see what resort/Disney tickets fit you best.

Personally, I have found that sometimes paying a little more at Disney gets you a lot more in return - especially when it comes to the resorts. While the values are nice, clean, fun resorts, and if you are only going to be in your room to shower and sleep that's probably all you need, if you go to a moderate you get more space, more food options, more beautiful themed grounds and rooms, and just an overall more relaxing experience. But everybody has their own opinions on that.

Happy Planning!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks for the info!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    What I would do to keep myself organized is get a notebook and write all your plans and reservations and ideas . Make a calender and decide what you are doing on each day, it doesn't have to be written in stone but just some kind of guideline , especially if you are making ADR's. You probably want to make your ADR's in or around the park or area you are going to be in. You could also get a Passporter guidebook, which has places to write notes in and has pockets for papers/tickets etc.. As far as a basic plan goes, I guess the first question would be, how many people are in your party ? That would be the deciding factor if your budget is going to work. One idea that comes to my mind is if you are going to Universal, I would go there first and stay on property. With a Universal room key you get front of the line access. I think the most reasonable rates would be at the Royal Pacific Hotel , you can walk or take the boat to US or IOA. They are all beautiful resorts at Universal. At Disney, I agree, I would stay onsite, it's much easier. See what fits into your budget, try going during value season to get the most for your money although I don't think April or July fall into that catagory. Here is a site that has all the different rates....http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm. Just scroll down and off to the left you will see the different resorts, just click on the ones your interested in. I don't know much about preferred seating at fireworks and shows because I've never done it but I do know for MGM they offer a Fantasmic Dinner package that gets you reserved seating for Fantasmic....http://allearsnet.com/din/fantdin1.htm. Also for EPCOT you can take an Illuminations Cruise (if that works in your budget)http://allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm. Here is some info on the tours...http://allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm good luck and have fun!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

The notebook seems like a great idea. These tips are really helping out.