Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Marathon in the Ask The Experts forums; The WDW Marathon is the 7th(sun) and 8th(mon) i believe, i plan on going the 12th(fri) does anyone know if the crowd from the marathon will affect the next weekend? ...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Marathon

The WDW Marathon is the 7th(sun) and 8th(mon) i believe, i plan on going the 12th(fri) does anyone know if the crowd from the marathon will affect the next weekend? disney's site doesnt think so but im not sure, just trying to get some first hand answers

thanks

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I have run the marathon for the past 3 years and I don't think the crowds are too bad..maybe a bit more crowded than your average january day but not nearly so bad as summer or holiday time...most of us marathoners (even the WDW fanatics like myself) are much too tired to hit the parks after the big race..have fun..and if you see a little blond lady huffing and puffing give me a cheer!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Hey I have run the past two years and I am gonna be there again this year and the marathon is acctually saturday and sunday but to be honest usually the crowds are not that bad on this weekend because the hotels are so full with marathoners and halfmarathoners that are not as likely to be in the parks. So u should be okay. Come and cheer tho, its a great time. I'll be running that 26.2...

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    ooooooooooh so thats why i cant get a hotel room.... ok i see, well ill watch the marathon cheering everyone on, then hit the parks, good luck to you all

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11