Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Pin Storage in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone have any creative ideas for storing my now growing collection of Disney pins? I know they have "official" pin trading bags available via Disney shopping, but I don't ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Disney Pin Storage

Does anyone have any creative ideas for storing my now growing collection of Disney pins? I know they have "official" pin trading bags available via Disney shopping, but I don't really want to spend $40. So if anyone has any creative ideas on making my own I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!!!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

MickeyWill is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have the Pin Trading Book. It was $20 and great quality. You can buy more pages for it also. I'm not exactly fond of the bag. But thats my opinion.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Are you wanting just storage? Something to keep them in until you trade? Or are you looking to display them? It all depends on what your need is.
    I created a shadowbox display for my niece for some of the princess pins she got, and said she would not be trading. They are displayed on her bookshelf next to a picture with a princess - I forget which one.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Somebody, I can't remember off the top of my head, Pat maybe, or Val, made some darling wall hangings showcasing some pins. I'll look through the photo gallery and see if I can find them. In the meantime maybe the responsible party will speak up and direct you to the photos and/or post themself.
    They call me "Nana"

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's a little of both, I have some I don't want to trade and should be displayed but I also want storage for when I got the to parks and trade. I've got a couple of ideas for storage, I might have to go to the craft store tomorrow...

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, I have a display of my Hard Rock pins in a shadow box, but I did some different things to it, so that the pins are directly against the glass. I cut a piece of foam the size of the opening, and covered that with stereo fabric - pretty dark black, but thin and stretchable. I stuck the pins into this, with the clip in the back of the fabric.
    So, it now hangs on my wall, and the pins are directly agains the glass, so they don't move around, or twirl - and you can see the details in some of them. It is a pretty nice display, if I do say so myself!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    some people just use cork boards and stick the pins into them. I just leave mine on my lanyards and vest.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    some people just use cork boards and stick the pins into them.
    That seems like a good and inexpensive way to display. Thanks
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I really, really wish whomever made the wall hangings would fess up. They were so cute. The backgrounds were made with scrapbook paper and they were framed. You know who you are. Step up, please.
    They call me "Nana"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    This thread: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2033 has some more great ideas.... and I hope what IWannaBeMinnie is remembering are the pictures linked to in post #6 of that thread.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page