Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Year of a Million Dreams in the Ask The Experts forums; Well, when me and my family were there in December, we did not get a single dream. I thought they were everywhere. I read about people getting the ears, and ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Year of a Million Dreams

Well, when me and my family were there in December, we did not get a single dream. I thought they were everywhere. I read about people getting the ears, and then later in the trip, or even that day getting the dream fastpass, or even some little moment. We got NADA! It would have been awesome for my niece, but I was thinking we didn't look like your "typical family".
    Do you think that is what they are looking for when they hand out these things?

I will be traveling solo. Hopefully meeting up with some friends while there. But what do you think is the liklihood of someone granting a solo traveler with a prize from the year of a million dreams?
    What do you think they look for? Or do you think that the Cast Members are really told to give it to the 3rd ride of the day, the 5th person in line, the 10th family through the gate?!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Solo traveler chances? Zilch. I'm there all the time (when I'm not working) and have yet to get nada. I hear they will really roll out the prizes starting January (now!)...so maybe we have a chance?

Hey, come on! Solo people dream, too!
    Tina

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    My understanding of how they have been working the distribution of prizes is that they have very little to do with "looks" or groups. They have specific instructions, such as "give out 30 pairs of ears starting with the third person who exits the left side of the Haunted Mansion exit." If you are in that spot at the right time, you win.

Magical Moments, those little extras and certificates, are more random and at CM discretion, but any of the prizes listed on the official website have very specific distribution instructions to avoid any unfairness.

I haven't won anything, either, but I ended up with a 'Magical Moment' certificate from a vendor outside Canada for deciding to buy my dad a shirt. Go figure.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

flutter is offline Moderator
    We didn't win anything either, but tiggerguy, a solo traveler did get the fastpass thing one day, I forget what park he was at, I want to say AK but not at all sure

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yes, it was AK that tiggerguy got the fastpass. I remember him showing it to us at the party that night. Other than Brian, I don't know anyone else who has won. I didn't see anyone winning anything and I only saw the dream team once during my entire trip last month. And they were pin trading with people when I finally did spot them.

That's okay though. We got to be in a parade once, have received several "free" fast passes over the years from CMs, gotten free desserts, free drinks, etc. We must always look like we're on our honeymoon or something, because I can't seem to figure it out.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

flutter is offline Moderator
    Yeah you two are just so cute they gotta give ya something

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, I got a free brownie once, but it was only because I was wearing a birthday button that SummerSun had gotten for us.
    Maybe I will see if it is any different in January. I never even SAW anyone from the DreamTeam when we were there in December. But I know Caroline said they got a dream fastpass at MGM.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    Yeah you two are just so cute they gotta give ya something
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

When I was there in October I was the "customer of the hour" and got a free blizzard at that place in EPCOT.

I much rather have Dream Ears though.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I had my magical moment at Uptown Jewlers and it was just Paul and me.

We got the ears when we were with friends of ours who have two young boys, but they were handing them out to everyone boarding the train in Frontierland anyway...and I was SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    When I was there right before Thanksgiving, I never saw the "Dream Team" but I did see people with the fastpasses and the ears at all 4 parks. I would love a pair of the ears!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Don't let the lack of winning a prize sour your good time. If it's really the year of a MILLION dreams and they get 30 million visitors a year, that means on average only 1 out of 30 people is gonna win anything. If you're not in that lucky 3.33%, then I say "Join the crowd!"
    -- Eric

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    They have people who are "wish granters" and one of my friends, is actually a Wish Granter! The person gets instructions like 'pick the forth person off Splash Mountain at 11:02, if there's more than one person, pick the person on the left.

So it IS possible to win by yourself!

I won a cruise from the Grand Floridian when I was by myself which was an "unofficial dream." So its definitely possible!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    YOU WON A CRUISE!?!?!? wow!!!!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    A day at Disney is a wish granted for me....that being said I would really really really like to spend the night in the castle!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast