Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What if I don't want to be in the picture?! in the Ask The Experts forums; Was wondering about the character meet and greets. Last year we had lots of pictures taken with the characters. But I hate pictures of myself and so have spent ages ...
    tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

What if I don't want to be in the picture?!

Was wondering about the character meet and greets. Last year we had lots of pictures taken with the characters. But I hate pictures of myself and so have spent ages cropping pictures for frames and scrapbooking. So I was wondering - is it ok to wait in line and then just take pictures of the characters on their own? And what about at the character meals? Don't want to make other people cross but I can't see how it would take longer than people arranging their children into a nice pose! Does anyone know how Disney feels about this?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Not an issue at all. You can always tell them you want a picture of just them and they will pose for ya - most likely the toe up pose you see often.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    People take pictures of me all the time just by myself when I am working, I don't mind at all! In fact, I like it because the poses really suit the character without doing the traditional "family group pose". Just wait in line and tell the character attendant you just want a picture of the character by his or herself. The character would love the attention either way, I'm sure
    Tina

One of our members here at DWT (Jacknife) has some fabulous photos in his gallery with just the characters themselves. You should check them out. See...I'm just the opposite. Especially after scrapbooking as much as I did this past weekend. I just told my Husband last night that on our next trip I really need to give up a little control of the camera so that I am in more of the photo's. I long to have some nice shots of me with my boys.

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post them here!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    My DH and I have a SOP for this. We both wait in line patiently for our turn. I go up there and engage the characters in conversation while obtaining the autograph. While I'm up there, DH gets his camera ready to shoot as soon as I move out of the way. I then ask/tell them that my DH wants a picture of them by themselves. Characters do love the attention and will often primp themselves to photographed. Only on one occassion did a character become concerned. It was Belle and she wanted to make sure we were in some of our vacation photos. Once I assured he we were, she got the Beast and posed for us.

My DH and I do this all the time. We went through a phase of just collecting photographs of characters by themselves and their autographs. Some of the autographs are in my gallery here on DWT. Melissa already pointed you my DH's character pictures in his gallery.

The reason we did this was because so many of our shots with characters weren't turning out, so we wanted to collect pictures of just the characters. We still take photos with the characters, but only with ones we already have decent photos of.

As far as character meals, you do the same thing!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i have a question though. we were in one of the charachter rooms in Mickeys Toon Tent w/ Goofy, Pluto and Donald and my sister and i were the last ones in the room before the next round came in and we asked the photographer if we could get our pick w/ all 3 and the guy said no they werent allowed. any opinions on this??
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

I guess maybe if they do it for one person then they would have to do it for everyone?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    That's exactly it, tasha.
    Tina