Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual pass in the Ask The Experts forums; My friend and I are going to Disney in a few months and I own an annual pass, so we are going to use the dining plan, but can I ...
    tink2u is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation Annual pass

My friend and I are going to Disney in a few months and I own an annual pass, so we are going to use the dining plan, but can I add the dining plan to my annual ticket, and if so how much will it cost?

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I believe that it is seperate from the annual pass. I think that the annual pass covers your theme park admission only. Last time I checked the dining plan was $39 a day per person, im not sure if its changed at all.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Nick's right, the dining plan is attached to your resort stay, not your park admission. You have to be staying at a Disney resort to be able to use the dining plan. If you are, you should call whomever you made your reservations with and ask them to add on the dining plan for the number of nights you are staying.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I could not get a straingt answer out of anyone else! Im staying at All-Star Movies resort! Yeah Im so happy now that I dont have to go back and buy two tickets just for the dining plan!

This is from All Ears Net, probably the straightest answer you can get:

Quote Originally Posted by AllEarsNet.com
    Who Can Purchase the Dining Plan?

The Magic Your Way Dining Plan can only be purchased as follows:
    1. If you are a non-Disney Vacation Club member, you must purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package at a Disney resort for your entire party with at least one day's park admission. The number of days for the Dining Plan will equal the number of nights you have reserved your room on the package. It has nothing to do with the number of days of park admission you have.

2. If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying at a DVC resort on points, you may purchase the Dining Plan. You must purchase the Dining Plan for everyone in your party. No purchase of park admission is necessary. The number of dining plan days will equal the number of nights of your stay.

NOTE: The following resorts do not participate in the dining plan: The Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and the Downtown Disney resorts on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, which are not Disney owned or operated.
    So technically, you'd need a single day admission ticket for you to get the dining plan for your whole stay.

Have you looked at the Disney Dining Experience card instead? Check out http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm for the details. For less than the cost of the admission tickets you would need, you could get a discount all year long.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

well i am so young and my annual pass is up in december, the chances of us going again..is no likley, but this will work with my hotel and my annual ticket right? I just moved out and we dont have much money so we are using our dividen to get by on this! *(in Alaska we get about 2,000 for just living here!) so yeah it will be good right? the dining experience card would leave us feeling like we need to be cheap. With the dinig plan you pay then ur not worring about food!

Unless they changed the rules for 2007, you would still need to be on a "Magic Your Way Vacation Package" to be able to get the dining plan. A vacation package is your hotel + park tickets. The way annual passholders have gotten around this is by buying the "Magic Your Way Vacation Package plus Dining" with a hotel room for however many nights they are staying, but only a single day of park admission. You don't have to actually USE this park ticket, but you'd have to buy it. You could use your annual pass for park admission and save the one-day ticket for another trip.

The dining plan would be good for all the days of your stay, regardless of how many days of park admission you bought.

I know, clear as mud, right?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

awsome..so i buy a 1 day ticket with the package, then go back and buy the 7 day ticket with thepackage and just use the annual pass, and sell the 1 day. cuz a 1 day ticket would do me no good in alaska.

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the one day's park admission that you will have to purchase will not come as a seperate park ticket that you sign on the back, it will come in the form of a key to the world card, so it will have your name printed on the front. That may make it difficult to sell it! What you need to do is figure out of a park ticket plus the dining plan is going to be cheaper than using the dining experience or just not using one at all.

How long are you going for?

KUNGALOOSH!!!

well 8im sorry but i do not wat to worry about money while i am there, i will stick with the dining plan thank you.