Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss On Property - Package Drop Offs? in the Ask The Experts forums; The whole "are you staying on property?" question always mistified me. Until this year, I always stayed off property at a hotel that my grandmother's friend worked at (she was ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

On Property - Package Drop Offs?

The whole "are you staying on property?" question always mistified me. Until this year, I always stayed off property at a hotel that my grandmother's friend worked at (she was able to get us a hefty discount). But now, my grandmother has passed, and we are (for the first time) staying on property (ASMo).

So... someone tell me... how does the whole "buy til your heart is content then your package will be waiting back at the hotel" thing work? Anyone had any issues with it? Do you recommend it? Etc. etc. Fill me in people! LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I love it

It will be at the hotel gift shop after 5 the following day so you have to keep that in mind.

So... if you are checking out on Monday morning, you don't want to send to your resort on Sunday. I always ask the CM when to expect it at the hotel just to be sure.

Have fun!!!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    It is a nice process. If you find something you want to buy, but don't want to carry it around all day - you have 2 options. You can have it sent to the front of the park, and you can pick it up at package pickup on your way out - just don't forget.
    OR - you have it sent to your resort and you pick it up in the gift shop there the next day. If you are checking out the next day - DON'T SEND IT!!
    It is really that simple, you just fill out this form, well, really they fill out most of it, and you just include your resort and room #!
    Pretty cool, huh?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    It is really great, especially since I did a lot of Christmas shopping on my next trip. The only drawback was not being able to send packages back the last day I was there.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Ok so ... what your saying is... since I'm doing Magic Kingdom day 1, Epcot Day 2 and checking out on Day 3... buy everything I want at Magic Kingdom, not Epcot. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    Ok so ... what your saying is... since I'm doing Magic Kingdom day 1, Epcot Day 2 and checking out on Day 3... buy everything I want at Magic Kingdom, not Epcot. LOL!

Yes! Otherwise, as Lara mentioned....on the day you go to Epcot just have it sent to the front of the park and pick up before you leave for the day. Package delivery is the only way to go!!!! FYI....they will also do this for ride photo's that you purchase. That way they don't end up getting all bent up in the stroller!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    FYI....they will also do this for ride photo's that you purchase. That way they don't end up getting all bent up in the stroller!
    Oh that is definitely good to know!! Thank you!!