Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is the best Moderate Resort in WDW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Best Moderate Resort? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going back to WDW in May I'm looking into the moderate resorts and I cant decide on one. Any input would be helpful. Please ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Best Moderate Resort?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going back to WDW in May

I'm looking into the moderate resorts and I cant decide on one. Any input would be helpful. Please tell what your favorite moderate resort is and what you liked about it. Also please tell things you didnt like about certain resorts. Thanks!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Port Orleans French Quarter.

We like it because it's a smaller, more intimate resort than the other mods. The rooms are nice, the food court is decent, there's only one bus stop, and you have boat transportation to DTD.

We have stayed at all the mods numerous times and this is our favorite.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I don't feel like I can vote on this one because I haven't stayed in all four. I did like CB more than PO French Quarter.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Maverick_2b is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, but I really enjoyed it there. The room was very nice and as stated before, the food court is nice, but I loved Boatwrights Dining Hall. The breakfasts and dinners were great there. And also wdw4us2, if I remember correctly, there are four bus stops, with North, South, East, and West depots with South Depot being the main stop closest to the main lobby. (Around the whole Port Orleans complex) Also I really had no regrets or complaints except at the parks where the bus lines seemed to be the longest to get back to the resort for both Port Orleans resorts. But I did go in early October so I'm not sure how the lines are for other times of the year.
    Last edited by Maverick_2b; 01-19-2007 at 11:21 AM.

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    My vote is for Coronado Springs. It's quite spread out but the walks around the lake are memorable. The ancillary pools there are a little quieter it seems then some of the other moderates. They also have a nice eating area that is basically buffet-style (I believe it's called the Pepper Market). Their main pool looks like a south american style pyramid that flows with water (kids love it). Of course all the moderate hotels are nice so how can you go wrong with any of them? Still, if you haven't tried CS yet, it's worth a shot!

My second choice would be to stay at either of the PO hotels. Have a great time!

Thanks guys!
    Can anyone tell me the differences between the Port Orleans resorts, I've heard one is more kid friendly while the other is more releaxed, but I cant remember which is which!
    -Nick

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I voted, but I haven't stayed at all the resorts, just visited them. POFQ was by far the prettiest!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Voted for CS but hope that I am going to enjoy POFQ even more when we go in Aug!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Port Orleans FQ it's a beautiful resort and there is a lot to do in the resort itself.
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Well, we decided to stay at Port Orleans Riverside! I hope its awesome, although how can you go wrong with a Disney owned hotel?
    -Nick

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The only problem currently with PO Riverside is the fact that the food court is being refurbished until spring. Because of that we changed our reservation from PO Riverside to Coronado Springs. It will be our first time to experience CS. We loved PO Riverside.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    We've stayed at POFQ and CS. I like FQ because the grounds are so pretty. I like the little streets with the interesting names and all the trees. It gives it a unique feel.

Does anyone know if the food court will still be closed in may?
    -Nick

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    My family and I stayed at French Quarter this past October. The most fabulous part of it is the transportation. The buses can be such a pain but if you stay at FQ you only have to deal with one bus stop. Riverside has a ton of them but the bus always stops and drops off first at FQ. This way you get a seat! It can also be lovely to take the boat to Downtown. The resort is not too spread out, so when you are just exhausted at night you don't have to walk too far to get to your room. My niece loved the pool, which has a water slide. And the food court isn't too obnoxious. Good luck with your choice, it's always a difficult one but this really is a great resort.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    This is good to know... I've never stayed at a moderate resort but we may go in the future. I'm attempting to convince one of my friends (with some other people) to buy us a hotel room for one night since he jsut got a 500 dollar bonus.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast