Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Florida Residents Inquiry in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey there experts I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for on the boards or on WDW's webpage. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right places.. ...
    disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!

Question Florida Residents Inquiry

Hey there experts

I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for on the boards or on WDW's webpage. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right places.. so I figured I'll bug you guys

My father is retiring soon and bought a house down here in FL on the east coast. He comes down here once a month and has been wanting to go to WDW. He recently got his FL drivers license. Rather than spending a ton of money as an out-of-state visitor, which he technically isn't anymore, he is interested in a florida resident pass. My question is, is there a certain amount of time you must be a florida resident before becoming elligible for the florida resident discount. I cannot remember if I read this somewhere or what. If anyone knows, this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    I'm fairly sure you just need to show proof of Florida residency. There's no minimum time required. Good luck!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Just tell him to have his ID when he purchases the ticket. That's the only proof you need, if he has a license, that's ID enough.
    Tina

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    All you need is something with your address on it. You don't even need a FL driver's lisence. If you have an electric bill that has your address (or any other bill) and has your name on it and it is in the state of FL, they will accept it as FL identification.

But there's definitely no time limit. My parents do the same thing!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Terrific! Thanks everyone. Now if his fiance doesn't have anything with her name on it or a drivers license she's out of luck right??
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

Hmmm. If she has the same last name (which she wouldn't yet) she could still get by possibly. However, she might be out of luck.

However, you CAN apply for a FL ID card without showing proof of residency, and Disney should still accept it for an AP.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah im pretty sure you need the drivers license or state id... Disney did not allow me to book unless I had the ID, proof of rental or electrical bill was not allowed when I asked a couple of years ago.
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Yeah im pretty sure you need the drivers license or state id... Disney did not allow me to book unless I had the ID, proof of rental or electrical bill was not allowed when I asked a couple of years ago.
    My parents have used it the past 5 years. lol. They've never had any problem with it. So I guess it depends what CM you get when your buying the tickets?

OH! Or, if you buy it online, and have it shipped to a FL Resident Address that is how my parents officially got them before they even ahd the house. Since the voucher was sent to a FL address, the CM didn't even ask to see proof since it said the address right on it.

So I guess it really depends on the CM.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    You have to have something showing that you are a FL resident... as most folks have said it doesn't have to be a license. There is no time limit on it or anything... you can move to FL and get your pass the next day if you can prove you live here.

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    OH! Or, if you buy it online, and have it shipped to a FL Resident Address that is how my parents officially got them before they even ahd the house. Since the voucher was sent to a FL address, the CM didn't even ask to see proof since it said the address right on it.
    That most certainly does depend on the CM. As a FL resident I attempted to purchase FL resident tickets for some family I had visiting so they could attend with us. Unfortunately this didn't work out. The CM asked for their proof of FL residency and of course they didn't have any. I explained that we were FL residents and they were staying with us on their vacation but that didn't change the situation.

The only exception to this, for us at least, has been my step-son. He lives in New Hampshire but when he comes down we are able to get him a ticket at the FL resident price because they'd never question that a child wouldn't be from where the parents are. I wonder if when he gets older that won't work anymore...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe