Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dining Plan Worthwhile??? in the Ask The Experts forums; You could always eat dessert first....LOL...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You could always eat dessert first....LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

LAroy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Okay, Bottom line is it would cost my family (3 people) $935.76 for the dining plan, or $116.97/day for eight days.

It still seems like an awful gamble to hope we come out ahead. Our only "big" night is the Hoop-dee-doo, a must, and maybe one nice meal somewhere in World showcase.

Thanks again for the input.

Laroy

Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This has been a very informative thread! SOLD on the dining plan for our trip in July. My hubby and I, son and daughter-in-law, daughter (24) and youngest son (14) will all be going. The only picky eater is the 14 year old and the rest of us LOVE to try new a and different places. I think we'll come out way ahead! Now if we can just agree on where to stay - Boardwalk or Beach Club. There's a running dialogue between the Jersey group and my daughter in Nashville! When we get to restaurant choices it's gonna be crazy!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    You should download the Magical Gatherings software... I'm pretty sure you can download it and use it even if you don't have 8 people. If is a great way for everyone to see the itinerary as you're planning it... there's a little message board-type-thing where you may discuss dining choices and other trip related things.

My other suggestion for you is most definitely to check out allearsnet.com's dining pages, if you haven't already! They prove to be essential in selecting good choices for everyone. I am a vegetarian so my dining choices are often limited, and with use of deb's site I was able to select restaurants where I knew I'd like the veggie option!

Oh, also our forums, Coby'sMama!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You are welcome LAroy. It only took me about a month of questions and research to figure out how it all worked. LOL

We are debating what to do for us this fall if they dont offer free DDP again. Figured out if we stick to counter service and no character meals or buffets and $5 in snacks a day we would only be paying about 275 for 5 days. If we have to pay for the dining plan it will come to $450 but we will be able to try some new places (like Coral Reef) and get more then just a drink and main entree at counter service.
    We will probably just pay the difference so we dont have to worry about every little penny on the trip or be still hungry after eating. We like food too much as you can tell from my pics...

A suggestion to those new to the dining plan would be to check out the menus on www.allearsnet.com That is what we did and are doing to help save time deciding what and where to eat. I am horrible at deciding while in line.

BTW LAroy HI FROM DUBOIS
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JMSuperHeroTeam View Post
    You should download the Magical Gatherings software... I'm pretty sure you can download it and use it even if you don't have 8 people. If is a great way for everyone to see the itinerary as you're planning it... there's a little message board-type-thing where you may discuss dining choices and other trip related things.

My other suggestion for you is most definitely to check out allearsnet.com's dining pages, if you haven't already! They prove to be essential in selecting good choices for everyone. I am a vegetarian so my dining choices are often limited, and with use of deb's site I was able to select restaurants where I knew I'd like the veggie option!

Oh, also our forums, Coby'sMama!

Thanks for the tips! Love the idea about the magical gatherings! My daughter keeps telling me she wants to do the Epcot flower tour - forget what it's called - I can see my sons doing that one - right!

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12