Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Advice from the Experts! You guys rock! in the Ask The Experts forums; As I have been giddily posting all over the boards, I am going to WDW in May with a bunch of people in my family. I am so excited because ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

Advice from the Experts! You guys rock!

As I have been giddily posting all over the boards, I am going to WDW in May with a bunch of people in my family. I am so excited because this is everyone's first trip to WDW (except for my husband and I, and my stepdad). I want this trip to be wonderful, and I have been happily planning every little thing.

It is my mom and stepdad's 5th anniversary a few days after we get home from the trip, and I want to do something special for them when we go. I was 17 when they got married, and I really was not very nice to my stepdad at the time. I have never met my biological father, and have never really had a father figure before Colin married my mom, and I guess I didn't want to share her! Five years later, I am so happy that he is a part of our lives now. Aside from when I was a teenager who lived in a bubble filled with mirrors, we get along very well, and we are very similar people. I love my stepdad and his family very much, and I am thrilled to share WDW, a place very close to my heart, with all of them.

My question for the venerable experts is this:

What is something very special I can do for my mom and stepdad at WDW for their anniversary? I can't spend much more than $200 on it. I've searched for ideas all over, but nothing seems just perfect, you know? Give me your best ideas, DWT'ers!

Love,

Maura

KUNGALOOSH!!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    If you wanted to send them on a "romantic" meal, or just a unique experience you could send them to the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary. It would be about 100 bucks for two people (that's with an appetizer, two entrees, and 1 dessert). If you book your reservation for an hour before the fire works, you can view them from the top!

Or if you want you could make them a scrapbook. Take as many pictures as possible and then once you get home make them a special photo album or scrapbook to remember your experience.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I agree with the scrapbook idea. I went to Shutterfly, uploaded my pics from my last trip. My son reads through that book every week. It's awesome.

If you go to the DW site and search for their "romance and relaxation" page you might find some more ideas.

Cheers and have fun.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    I like the idea of setting them up with a nice meal at one of Disney's signature rest. Look over menues at www.allearsnet.com and pick one that fits their taste. When you make the ADR let them know it is their anniversary and that you are picking up the tab(they should be able to tell you how to do that). Also if you are staying on site and tell the hotel about their anniversay, they might do something as well. FW sent my parents balloons and a card signed by Mickey and Minnie last year.
    Maggie

Yes, I planned to tell the resort and everything... the thing is we already have all our ADRs as a group of 8. We had our anniversary at WDW last year and we got those balloons and a card and a phone call from Mickey & Minnie. It was way cute.

We are staying 4 to a room, so I was thinking that one of the nights I could get them their own room and some champagne or something? I am just not sure yet...

KUNGALOOSH!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    The idea of the romantic meal is nice. How about a duo massage at the Grand Floridian?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

OOooo Lara that's a good idea.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Any more good ideas guys?

KUNGALOOSH!!!