Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Ok Im going to try again..My December 2007 Vacation in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi People... I have a situation... My son and I are going to Disneyworld (First Time!!) December 19th thru The 26th and we are meeting up with my Brother and ...
    samiam is offline A-Ticket holder

Ok Im going to try again..My December 2007 Vacation

Hi People...
    I have a situation...
    My son and I are going to Disneyworld (First Time!!) December 19th thru The 26th and we are meeting up with my Brother and His Family (Kids, Grandkids..The whole Mess)..Anyways back to what I need help with. My bro is a DVC member so he and his crowd are staying @ Saratoga Springs..I love them all dearly, But I do NOT want to be with them 24/7..So I decided that My son (who is 10) and I would stay @ Pop Century. I found a nice little hotel and ticket package on the Disney website for a little over a grand. I havent bought it yet, as I am in a bind so to speak..I talked to my Brother (Who is quite possibly the cheapest man alive) and he tells me I need to buy a annual pass and only book one night @ the hotel and not to book it till August, as with this pass Ill get free nights at my hotel and these discounts etc. Well, Im thinking this is rather dumb as my son will have no tickets, which I would have to buy with the park hopper option everyday we are there. Another thing Im worried about is isnt August cutting it a tiny bit short to book a room @ Pop (or for that matter any other WDW resort)? I could justify a AP if I was going to be going more than once in a year, but Im having problems with laying out ****ed near 500.00 for something Ill use for a week in December.
    What do you all think? Is it worth putting out the money for an AP? Would it save me any money in the long run? Any Advice would be Most appreciated!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This sounds really chancey to me, but I'm certain not an expert on tickets and hotels. I would check with Magic for Less, (Lou talks about them on the podcast all the time). A travel agent costs you nothing, and sometimes they have specials that you can't get on your own.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm not sure about the annual pass either. There are great deals out there, you just have to look. Even if you call Disney reservations, most times you'll get some good advise from them. Personally the travel agents we've tried got us the same prices as you would get from booking it yourself. I've been using a guy we found on Ebay of all places. We deal with him direct now. He only deals with DVC hotels. I would suggest signing up on mousesavers.com. You'll get emails every 15th of the month. They have a great link for park tickets.
    Last edited by Disney05; 01-27-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: .
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have an annual pass and you can get discounts on rooms, however they usually dont apply during the busiest season (ie christmas time through new years- part of your stay). You do get small discounts on eating (but only sit down dinners at certain places, M-F lunch only....so you really arent saving there.) Also Christmas time is the busiest time for Disney, so I wouldnt wait more than necessary to book a room. You may find yourself staying at a local motel instead. Disney has a pretty good cancellation policy. I think you would be pretty safe in going with your package for now. Make sure u ask about the cancellation policy of course. Then if you find something better come August or come Novemeber for the matter you can always cancel your other package.
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

samiam is offline A-Ticket holder

You Guys are GREAT!!

Booked the room and the tickets tonight so I dont have any worries...

THANK YOU FOR YOU INPUT!!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    ...with this pass Ill get free nights at my hotel and these discounts etc.
    I know you posted a few days ago that you already purchased your tickets etc. but I'm really curious about this one thing. I was an annual passholder and never once did I get a free hotel stay. Was this a miscommunication or did I miss out on something? LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe