Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How do they know your staying onsite for extra hours? in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok my question: If you want to take advantage of the extra magic hours how do they know your staying onsite as apposed to off-site/nondisney resort hotel? As far as ...
    FerretDeprived is offline A-Ticket holder

How do they know your staying onsite for extra hours?

Ok my question: If you want to take advantage of the extra magic hours how do they know your staying onsite as apposed to off-site/nondisney resort hotel?

As far as i am aware you have to stay at a disney resort to be able to take advantage of the magical hours, right?

But if your already in a park with the evening magic hours(and your staying at a offsite hotel) what will happen if you do stay?
    (i hope i'm making sense?)

It just doesn't make sense to me!

Thanks!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    you will hopefully have your room key with you...they look at that and see the dates you are staying at your Disney resort. then you get the wristband...there are locations set up throughout the parks. If you do not have a wristband on for that evenings extra magic hours you will be asked to leave.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

When i went for extra magic hours i was never asked to see my room key or anything of the sort? We were never bothered by an CMs ,and we didn't have any wristband?

But makes sense.
    Last edited by FerretDeprived; 02-05-2007 at 02:07 AM.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    For extra magic hours, you must have a wristband to ride the rides, to see the shows. The CMs usually ask to see them as you enter a line.
    When I was at MGM last week, they actually scanned your room card.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea they check your wrist before you get on every ride and if you don't have it you have to find the castmember scanning your room keys and get a wristband. Whenever I have been there they are very careful with checking everyone.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I often wondered how they knew you were staying on or off resort.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    when i went in jan we were at the magic kingdom with our friends who live down there and we went in line to get our wristbands and i showed one room key and the girl put wristbands on all of ours.
    Once we were at Epcot last june and it was my husband and I and our friend who lives there....never asked for his room key and he got one. I guess it all depends on who you get!
    shannon

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    They scanned my room card and then gave me a very cute wrist band.But they won't thrown you out of the park if you don't have a band you just can't ride the rides
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

FriendOfTigger is offline A-Ticket holder
    You guys are talking two different things: EMHs are open to the guests with just a general admission ticket. You have to actually have purchased a ticket though, no comps or CM Maingates. It's simply a few extra hours the park is open.

The wristbands are typically reserved for what are called "Hard-ticket events", such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties, or the Pirates and Princesses events. Same thing goes, except here a separate ticket must be purchased for the event (along with the standard day-admission ticket) and resort guests get this luxury free.

Wait, they get what luxury free?

Sorry to burst that bubble of hope but you must be a guest at one of our resorts or an affiliated resort. There would be no point to having EMH if all guest (day guest) could use the perk. So long as you have a ticekt to acces the park that day and you are staying at one of our resorts, you should be fine. YOU MUST BE STAYING AT A RESORT!! Now, someone said that they just showed one key and all four got bands...they are not as strict with this rule as they are with our hard-ticket events*HTE* (MVMCP, MNSSHP, PPP, etc.). As for getting the boot from the park, I have seen guest removed that did not have bands. But that rule is also more relaxed during EMH than during HTE. Attractions are closed to those that do not have bands. If a wristband line is long, the CM's may make the decision to randomly check room keys. It is up the CM's at any given location how they follow the rules...sometimes they do get bent. But EMH are specialperks of staying at a Walt Disney World resort.

And welcome to the boards Friend of Tigger.
    Last edited by Summer Sun; 02-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool

btw, that brightly colored wristband will also brand you as a giver of knowledge. I'd say that the whole time I was there in July, at least 10 people of all different ages approached me and were asking me all sorts of [stupid] questions. Maybe they were so confused they thought the wristband meant I was a cm myself
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

LOL...that's funny. Little kids ask the funniest things sometimes...they truely make my experience at Disney, Extra Magical!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    You will often see people walking around without wristbands, as they only check for attractions and even that seems random. One of my favorite things to do is watch Illuminations and then spend the night at the Rose and Crown or just strolling the WS promenade. I have never been asked for a wristband, and didn't even bother to get one last time.

It also seems that the more popular rides are most likely to ask. In Epcot for example, I have seen people refused a spot in line on Soarin more than once and told to go get a wristband
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

DISNEY~PRINCESS is offline A-Ticket holder
    When we were there last year they asked to see all of our room keys, which we had anyways since they doubled as our park hopper tickets. After scanning the cards they issued us our wrist bands, and yes they did check our wrist at every ride. That's our favorite time of day when we could be there late at night, we never make it up for the early morning hours, so the late night hours are perfect for us!

33 MORE DAYS UNTIL OUR DISNEY VACATION!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast