Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Anniversary Dinner Spot...Help! in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello all! My boyfriend and I will be at the World during our two year anniversary. I've been to the parks several times but never to any "fancy" restaurants. What ...
    Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Anniversary Dinner Spot...Help!

Hello all!
    My boyfriend and I will be at the World during our two year anniversary. I've been to the parks several times but never to any "fancy" restaurants. What would you suggest for a nice, romantic and unique dining experience? I may know about the parks, but when it comes to this I'm completely in the dark! (Sorry for the mini-poem). Any help would be aprreciated. Thanks!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    One of my favorites is not actually in the park, but in the Contemporary Resort - the Grand Concourse Steakhouse. It's really nice and a little pricey, but not excessively so. It is secluded (a little, anyway) so it has a certain romance to it. Afterwards, you can stroll along the top floor and watch the monorail go through or take a walk along Bay Lake. If not on this trip, you should try to get there eventually. PS - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Happy Anniversary!

Two good spots: California Grill at the Contemporary, especially if you time it to watch Wishes! (reservation definitely required, and they have a dress code), and Coral Reef at The Seas with Nemo at Epcot.

We ate at both for our 15th wedding anniversary last year. California Grill was a nice meal and the view was spectacular, but they didn't do anything special for us. Coral Reef on the other hand gave us a free champagne toast, special keepsake menus, and treated us royally. The atmosphere is unique and the food was very good.

Wherever you decide, make a dining reservation ASAP, and be sure to tell them you are celebrating your anniversary!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Chesters_Liver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    For romantic I would suggest The Concourse steakhouse also along with Coral Reef.

Two very good, alibet, pricey restrauants.
    Disney Fan Since Day 1

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I really like the Concourse Steakhouse, too, but I've never thought of it as romantic. I'd recommend Le Cellier. I always enjoy the food there and the restaurant has a softer atmosphere.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    California Grill at the Contemporary

Narcossees at the Grand Floridian

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Every place that has been stated above plus Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot, If money is not an object - Victoria and Alberts, and you always havve In Room Dining if you are staying on property ! Do make sure you have them note in your reservation that you are celebrating your anniversary and make sure it is in your comments of your resort reservation if you are staying on property!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I second the California Grill. It's romantic AND unique and it's somewhat less expensive than some of the other really unscale ones. When you make a reservation, check what time fireworks are at, and make your reservation for about an hour before fireworks if they have the time. If you eat too early, you miss the fireworks which is one of the most unique things about being up there!

That's where I took my fiance for a romantic meal and he loved it. He told me that it really made him feel like a king and he really loved it. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

mguentz is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family and I ate at two places that you might like:

Coral Reef (Epcot) - Every table is situated to look at the massive Living Seas Aquarium. The food is great and the service is fabulous.

Ohana (Polynesian Resort) - Great food and great romantic lighting...if it's just the two of you...and not children...like it was for us...

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Wow...great advice! Thanks everyone! This is a great help!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We also did California Grill for our anniversary last year. We got to see both Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant from the top of the Contemporary.

I also think Jiko at the AKL is an excellent place.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian is very nice. Especially if you are able to get a window seat facing Seven Seas Lagoon.

T1nkfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ditto on the California Grill!!! My boyfriend and I went last June for my 30th birthday and had dinner there on my actual bday. We made reservations, but ended up sitting in the lounge next to the window and eating there instead since it was such a great view. We were able to keep the table in the lounge as long as we wanted (2 and 1/2 hours) so we were able to see Wishes and we were never rushed out of the lounge. Our server was so awesome - she comped us dessert for my birthday and an after dinner drink too. Best Birthday EVER....

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    DH and I have gone to WDW for our anniversary (without the kids) for the past eight years.

We have enjoyed meals at Bistro de Paris in World Showcase, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artists Point in WL, California Grill, Narcoosees in GF, Jiko in AKL, and Hollywood Brown Derby.

All of these restaurants used to be very enjoyable with great food and service. Lately, we have noticed a drop in service and atmosphere since the start of the Disney Dining Plan. There are a lot more families with unruly children in the restaurants making for a very different dining experience.

I would recommend noting your anniversary when you make your ADR. You generally get seated in a more secluded location. Also, try to make your seating time either before or after regular dining hours (perferably later) if you want to avoid the noise.

I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am against children dining in the table service locations - we have two kids (12 & 15) that have enjoyed table service locations since they were very young. It's just the kids that have no manners and think it's okay to run around a restaurant continuously while other people are trying to eat. I don't really blame the kids - I blame the parents who can't control their children.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Arianne31 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Defintely California Grill during Wishes. My hubby and I have done a couple anniversaries & a birthday and every single dinner was EXCELLENT. It's one of our top favorite places. Jiko at AKL is also great with a cozy atmosphere. Both places have great wine selections.
    Arianne

ari & jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast