Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Year of a million wishes castle stay in the Ask The Experts forums; I am sure we have all heard about the exceptionally lovely castle stay you can win at Cinderella's Castle in WDW during Year of a Million Wishes. I was reading ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Year of a million wishes castle stay

I am sure we have all heard about the exceptionally lovely castle stay you can win at Cinderella's Castle in WDW during Year of a Million Wishes. I was reading an article about it and it said that the stay is given away in the morning. Does anyone know how early it is? I am usually not a morning person and don't get into the parks until around 11, but I don't want to miss my chance in winning the stay, no matter how unlikely it is.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    "Year of a Million Dreams" - the Castle stay is picked at random by a computer that tells a Dream Squad Cast Member to be at a specific location at a specific time (down to the minute) if there is nobody at that location at that time then the computer will select a different place and time (3 times). There is no specific time that it will be picked. all random. most likely it will be in the morning but nothing specific...sorry.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I agree it'a all lucky of the draw you need to be in the right place at the time. But i do think it first thing in the morning because they make it a whole day event
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    All the times I"ve heard about have been before 11am. From my time in the parks, I DO see the most "dream squad" members in the park before noon. I'm attempting to go in each morning right at opening to increase my chances.

Of course if I ever win, i will find a way to let you all know as I'm there. lol. It's my hope to win... (as is a lot of peoples!)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Paul is right, it was explained to us on our tour, that a seperate company gives the dream squad an envelope with a specific time and place. It is usually in the morning that they are picked. But remember, it could be anywhere. The family that won it the last day I was there had been in Downtown Disney.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I'm not going until November. What does the Dream Squad look like?

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've heard a LOT of people winning the castle stay at Downtown Disney. A computer picks it so it is supposed to be random, so maybe it's just feeling downtown disney?
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

WDWRadiofrmday1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    the last family to win it had just gotten off star tours though
    WDW Trips
    October 2003- Grand Floridian
    December 2005- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2006- French Quarter
    October 2007- Saratoga Springs
    December 2008- Old Key West
    June 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    March 2010- Bay Lake Tower
    January 2011- Bay Lake Tower
    can't wait!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    I'm not going until November. What does the Dream Squad look like?
    The ones I've seen have been in khaki's and a light blue long sleeved button down shirt, carrying a shoulder bag with the Where Dreams Come True logo on it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Random means random. It would NOT be random to have them say the lucky winner will be picked at MK on Monday, Epcot on Tuesday, etc. Overall, randomness evens everything out, but that doesn't mean there can't be, just by pure chance, a run of the same outcome many times in a row.

If you flip a coin, it could come up heads 6 times in a row. What are the odds it will come up heads on the 7th flip? Answer: exactly 50-50. Each trial is independent of all others before and after. So in other words, if the winners each of the last 8 days were all at DTD, the odds of today's winner being at DTD is still 1 in 5 (4 theme parks + DTD), regardless of how many others were picked from DTD.

The only thing that isn't random is the general time of the notification of award. It's even in the YOMD rules (in small type) that the Castle Suite winners will be picked earlier in the day to allow them time to make arrangements to stay in the Suite. Wouldn't it stink if the winners were picked at 8:00 p.m. and then had to waste some of that great Castle Suite time getting back to their resort to pack an overnight bag and then get back? If they do this earlier in the day (before royal check-in time), they won't miss out on even one second of the potential fun.
    -- Eric

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    And thank you CleveRocks for that statistics lesson. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe