Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Is alcohol sold in the park? in the Ask The Experts forums; Expanding on what BamaJenn said, I heard a rumor that apparently Disney pays off all the stores near property that sell gum to not sell it so they will not ...
    JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Expanding on what BamaJenn said, I heard a rumor that apparently Disney pays off all the stores near property that sell gum to not sell it so they will not have to clean it up.
    -Tommy-

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow7 View Post
    Expanding on what BamaJenn said, I heard a rumor that apparently Disney pays off all the stores near property that sell gum to not sell it so they will not have to clean it up.
    Hrm... that's an interesting theory. I can tell you that I've bought gum in the gift shops of hotels on property though so not an accurate one... at least not as of August '06.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Looking at the history I believe that person was banned for threads unrelated to this one. I don't believe there are any rules about not mentioning alcohol on these forums simply because it is indeed part of Disney (as mentioned in the World Showcase and the food and wine festival etc.).

Im sure her profile photo had something to do with it.... it was her laying on a bed with almost nothing on and her head tossed back over the edge.......
    REAL FAMILY LIKE PHOTO , HUH?

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Hrm... that's an interesting theory. I can tell you that I've bought gum in the gift shops of hotels on property though so not an accurate one... at least not as of August '06.
    When I went in December '06 they said no gum is sold on property.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbmanno View Post
    When I went in December '06 they said no gum is sold on property.
    *note to self* "Pack gum for next week." LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    just wondering how the thread went from alcohol to gum? maybe someone should do a hybrid LOL......

anyways I have a follow up question to the alcohol question. Iknow they do sell alcoholic beverages like in sci fi cafe and other resturants, but do they sell heavy alcohol like shots or S- drivers or are beers, wine, and mix drinks the limit because that doesn't sound to bad. (Makes the people who really want hard drinks go to down town disney to fill their needs. smart if you ask me)
    Last edited by dude22blue; 02-12-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: the SC... word was censored and I didn't want to look bad like the lady with the picture

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by dude22blue View Post
    anyways I have a follow up question to the alcohol question. Iknow they do sell alcoholic beverages like in sci fi cafe and other resturants, but do they sell heavy alcohol like shots or S- drivers or are beers, wine, and mix drinks the limit because that doesn't sound to bad. (Makes the people who really want hard drinks go to down town disney to fill their needs. smart if you ask me)
    It depends on the restaurant. Some have full bars (serving wines, beers, cocktails, mixed drinks, shots, etc.), whereas others are limited to whatever alcohol fits the theme of the place. Le Cellier, for example the last time I dined there, doesn't have a full bar, but it has a nice selection of wines and beers...with a few heavy alcohols for a few signature drinks. You do not have to leave WDW property for mixed drinks or heavy alcohol. They sell a lot of it in the resort gift shops, well at the DVC resorts they do. I wouldn't rely on buying my booze from a WDW gift shop however because you'll be paying for that convenience....just like the groceries there.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12