Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cast Member Name Tags in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know where I can get a CM name tag with my name on it? Or Edit a picture of one to put my name on it? Thanks!...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Question Cast Member Name Tags

Does anyone know where I can get a CM name tag with my name on it? Or Edit a picture of one to put my name on it?

Thanks!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Why do you want one? You have to EARN it!!! hahaha
    Tina

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbmanno View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a CM name tag with my name on it? Or Edit a picture of one to put my name on it?
    Last I knew, they don't sell cast member name tags, and for good reason. LOTS of parents come to the parks, pull over the first CM they see, and tell the kids "If you get lost, find someone wearing one of these tags". Given that, I wouldn't want random guests being able to wear CM name tags.

In many different shops, you can buy name tags, and they'll even personalize them for you. But not the Cast Member name tags.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Good point thanks for your help!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I can see how that would be a problem. I remember my parents telling me that same thing. If I was to get lost those were the first people I were to find. Luckily I never got lost and now it seems like I could walk around Disney World with my eyes closed and know exactly where I was.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Did something change? Last I knew, you could buy tags that looked just like CM name tags (same shape, and with Mickey or something) out front at MGM. Anyone know what I'm talking about and if that's changed? We'll be at MGM sometime w/in the next week, so I'll have to check it out for myself, if no one replies before then.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy81 View Post
    I can see how that would be a problem. I remember my parents telling me that same thing. If I was to get lost those were the first people I were to find. Luckily I never got lost and now it seems like I could walk around Disney World with my eyes closed and know exactly where I was.
    And you know what? I was just telling our kids this week that if they ever got lost, to do this very same thing. But I could have sworn that you can buy CM-look alike tags at MGM... Anyway, I told my kids to go into the closest ride/attraction/or store and find someone in a uniform or behind a counter, WITH a tag on, and tell them. We are at WDW several times a week, so I do feel confident that my kids know CM uniforms, and I know that they know their way around the parks pretty well... but still- now that I'm thinking about this, and that I'm almost positive you can buy tags right up front at MGM, I'm kinda...

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    I don't know if they are still there, but, CM tags are mostly white and tags they sell / sold were in different colors.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I don't know if they are still there, but, CM tags are mostly white and tags they sell / sold were in different colors.
    Ahhh....

I asked dh about it after replying to this thread (he used to be a CM), and he said he never heard of such a thing. So maybe I was wrong.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    For a while Disney sold "Guest of Honor" badges, which were red with Mickey on them and had your name engraved in white letters on them. There were also some other colored ones with characters, but for a time I think they only had the Mickey ones. They disappeared for a year or so, and then they came back with all new designs and characters, including gold ones for Disneyland's 50th, Princesses, and others. Those were packaged with the option to make them into a badge, a keychain, or a magnet. They could be found at the Celebrity 5 and 10 in the Studios - there is an engraving/embroidering area at one end of the shop, they had been on display racks in that area.

LaughingPlace.com's shop, which sells merchandise that is purchased for you at WDW and DL, has a 2007 badge for WDW, but their only other ones are from Disneyland. You can see them here: http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Category-RC-431.asp
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

OK thanks Pat- I knew I wasn't crazy!! (well, not totally....) LOL Yes they do do engraved things, including ears, at 5 & 10 (or as I always call it the "five and dime store" in my head, for some reason.... and Im only 26, so no jokes about 'dating myself' lol) We got our ears (we got the light-up YoaMD ears) at MK. The CM's at 5 & 10 said that the ones we had done (the $2) monogramming are the way they used to do them for Mickey Mouse Club... but that some people just like the engraving (for $6 ) I like ours the way they are