Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Big Family Trip Help!! in the Ask The Experts forums; I just got the news that my uncle has collected up enough vacation club points to take my whole family this summer. Their will be 26 of us and we're ...
    iwannabindisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Big Family Trip Help!!

I just got the news that my uncle has collected up enough vacation club points to take my whole family this summer. Their will be 26 of us and we're staying at the beach club villas!! I was wondering if anybody knows anything that we could do as a big group, he's already booked the hoop-dee-doo review, and dinner at the polynesian. I understand it will probably be difficult for us all to do things as a group but my mom wanted me to find something that she would be able to pay for because we understand how much he's spending. Any ideas and suggestions about anything would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I did this as a kid about 7 years ago, so my ideas may be a bit out-dated but we went with a group of 30...

we met 1 day at cosmic ray's for fun. We also all went on Tower of Terror and got a picture of us in the car. It was a nice keepsake, and we even convince some people who didn't want to go to go, just so they could be in the picture. Also, we went to 1900 park fare as a group which was fun.

The only other idea I have is one that is in the works for my wedding at Disney. My parents want to rent out the firework cruise boats and watch Wishes from the lagoon since my fiance proposed right after Wishes. They are about $200 bucks and they can fit about 7 I think. I know there is a bigger boat that can seat 12, but that might be slightly more expensive...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

The Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom is a lot of silly fun and would be great to do as a big family group!!! It is one of the most econmoical tours at WDW. I believe it's still $25 per person and with an Annual Pass you can get a 20% discount off of each ticket.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Talk to Disney about Grand gatherings and see what they can help you plan. I have seen appetizers or desserts groups while watching Illuminations. Plan something special for Fantasmic! Another really good idea is planning a group photo through the Disney photographers with pictures taken in front of the castle. We bid on a Photography session and won it last year from our local PBS station and they take pictures before park openings.

I really bet that someone who plans the Grand Gatherings would have some WONDERFUL ideas! Give Disney a call for any ideas that we may not be aware of!

Let us know what you decide!

HAVE FUN - We are Beach Club Villa members and we LOVE IT THERE!!!!!!!!!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!