Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Best way to buy theme park tickets

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Best way to buy park tickets in the Ask The Experts forums; When I plan my trip, I get the whole package from disney.com, including dining and park tickets. Anything else I need, I just call them, and they are more than ...
    djmasterscooter is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I plan my trip, I get the whole package from disney.com, including dining and park tickets. Anything else I need, I just call them, and they are more than happy to accomodate.
    "Do Not Go To Disney World With A Bottle Of Pepsi. We will never see you again, and I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing"

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Tickets on Room Key Ques.

I was considering purchasing my tickets through my travel agent but I want to have them built into my room key. I like only having to carry one card with me. Will Disney transfer the tickets onto my room key or do I have to purcahse them at the resort for that? Thanks.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I bought mine last year thru an online broker and was able to put it on my room key, no problem at all.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i am glad someone else has been thinking about this
    i am a menber of mousesavers and have looked at there discount tickets and didnt see that big of a discount
    am i looking at it wrong ?
    i get mine when i book my room all at one time if i can save some cash let me know
    Thanks
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjoe View Post
    i am glad someone else has been thinking about this
    i am a menber of mousesavers and have looked at there discount tickets and didnt see that big of a discount
    am i looking at it wrong ?
    i get mine when i book my room all at one time if i can save some cash let me know
    Thanks
    I think the difference is that you don't pay tax at undercovertourist. and shippin gis free as long as you use the basic shipping and not air freight
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    thanks
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I didn't see a discount for purchasing the tickets in advance on the Disney site, am I doing something wrong?
    Nope. The discount is already included in the price listed on Disney.com. The discount is the fact that if you buy them in advance on Disney.com or at the Disney Store, they're cheaper than if you buy them at the gate. There is nothing extra to do to get the discount - no special links or offers to look for.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    does disney store still give a voucher that has to be redeemed at guest relations? That GR line is longer than Splash Mountain on a hot summer day!!! geez
    Yes and No. If you buy Magic Your Way tickets from Disney Store, you get the actual ticket right then and there. That's the physical ticket you'll put in the turnstyles. If you buy an Annual Pass from the Disney Store, you actually have a voucher that has to be redeemed for a real Annual Pass at a Guest Services window. I redeemed mine on May 20, 2006 at the ticket windows of Disney/MGM, around 4 or 5pm, and there was no line of any kind. (Note that your 366 day window for the annual pass starts the day you redeem the voucher, not the day you buy the voucher nor the day you first use the annual pass).

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I purchase my tickets through work (government) they I believe have the cheapiest tickets out there. So if you know a government employee ask them to get your tickets.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I didn't see a discount for purchasing the tickets in advance on the Disney site, am I doing something wrong?

I didn't see one either but when I talked to a Disney rep they said that you save between 5-7 dollars when buying your tickets online and having them either be put at will call or on your room key instead of buying there at Disney.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like to get everything directly from Disney especially because they send me postcards and stuff that say "we're glad you're coming back!"

wdw71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Bad Online Experience

I had a bad online purchase. I clicked only once but recieved two sets of tickets and was charged for three sets. It took me almost two months to get the issue resolved. The next tickets we need to buy will be bought at the park or our resort.

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney online and the Disney Store should be the same pricing. It's the advanced purchase price. (Disney no longer owns the Disney Stores, but park tickets are more than OK to purchase there. It was one of the deals in the contract.) Buying them w/ a package is also on advanced purchase pricing.

AAA will have discounted tickets. All regions are different, though, so you'd need to check local policies. The AAA in my area has pricing on their website that include tax and the AAA member discount. It looks like more than disney.com is selling them for, but on disney.com you have to proceed to check out to get the price w/ tax.

I would do all I could not to buy them on arrival as that is when they are the most expensive.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Yes and No. If you buy Magic Your Way tickets from Disney Store, you get the actual ticket right then and there. That's the physical ticket you'll put in the turnstyles....
    Actually when I started this thread back in February I bought two 3-day Magic Your Way tickets at the Disney Store and was only given vouchers, which meant I still had to wait inline and waste valuable disney time. This time I'm doing a package with "Magic for Less" and having them do all the work. Hopefully this will be better than doing it myself.

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We purchased tickets from Undercoveragents for an upcoming trip and No matter how much serching I did, they were the cheapest, and the tickets got to My house in now time and shipping was free too!!!!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast