Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Embarrassing Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi Everybody, I will be going to DW for the very first time next weekend. My husband and myself will be taking our 12 yr old son and 2 yr ...
    MomOf2 is offline A-Ticket holder

Embarrassing Question

Hi Everybody,

I will be going to DW for the very first time next weekend. My husband and myself will be taking our 12 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter and everyone is very excited. I have a concern that nobody can help me with so I am calling on you for some help. I am overweight and I am worried about not being able to ride certain rides with my son . Do you know of any rides that I might have more trouble riding or any that won't be a problem at all? Thank you guys so much in advance for any answers.

This is a great website!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Welcome!

You are not alone with this question! I hate to have to send you to another site, but All Ears has an article about this and pictures of the ride seats.

Article: http://www.allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm
    Photos: http://www.allears.net/tp/gal_ride.htm

Enjoy your trip and make sure you come back and tell us how it was!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Go to allearsnet.com - they have a section that talks about this.
    I will tell you that I am a big girl and I really don't have a problem on any of the rides. I just make sure I don't ride some of the coasters with the one lap bar with my niece, or she would be flying everywhere.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!!

This subject was broached here at DisneyWorldTrivia also.

You can find that thread by Clicking Here

Have a wonderful trip and make sure you come back here and tell us all about it!

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    There are plenty of rides you can do without any problems. I have ridden just about everything there. The most I have ever had problems with was the narrow turnstiles but I managed OR used the gates near them.

I was just as worried about things when I first went but have found Disney to be very comfortable!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

pkdaddy is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family just got back from wdw. my dad is a big guy,about 340. He didn't really have any problems with the rides. It was a nice suprize because at six flaggs great america here in Chicago ,the rides are made for little people so can't ride anything there. I would stay away from astro obiter. Me and my wife rode it. my wife is small , but I'm 6'4 260 and it was a tight squeeze for us. I hope you and your family have a great time, just one thing, once you go to disney world , your never going to want to leave.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have a question that relates to this -

How is Space Mountain for a bigger person? I personally felt squished in the car and I am not overweight, but I am farely tall - so maybe it my legs that was the problem.

I just remember thinking, boy I am glad my fiance is not here, he is 6'6" and 240. I just could not see him fitting in that car. But maybe it just felt small, not sure.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    My husband is a fairly big guy (425 lbs). His tightest fit was probably the teacups and test track because his knees were touching the seat in front of him. The easiest were the ones with bench seats like small world and Peter Pan and Figment, Great Movie Ride, the safari. Actually there are quite a lot of those- Disney is very accomodating- nothing like the other park that will not be named.

pkdaddy is offline A-Ticket holder
    sorry about the spelling in my last post. anyway for Shere_Khan's question, Space Mountain is wide enough for big people, but if your tall, it gets a little tight.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkdaddy View Post
    sorry about the spelling in my last post. anyway for Shere_Khan's question, Space Mountain is wide enough for big people, but if your tall, it gets a little tight.
    Ty! I am not extremely tall, 5'10", but I am tall for a woman. I just remember I had a hard time getting out at the end. Like my legs were stuck in there. I wonder if my fiance would fit. He would probably be scared about getting his head chopped off as well! Lol.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

klineski96 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Space Mtn up front gives you a little more room.
    I have tons of of various Hidden Mickeys. If there's one you want to see, and if I have it, just ask me and I'll be glad to share it with you!

|_ _|

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    Shere- we travel with a guy that is 6'9" and he loves space mtn! he just asks to be in the front and he does have to fold himself in a bit! lol...most of the times CM's take one look at him and point him to the front....hope that helps!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    i had a friend that had a lot of problems with the water park rides. I don't remember any specifics other than he couldn't ride the big water slides. I don't remember him having any problems at the 4 main parks though. Have a great time & welcome to the boards!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Ty! I am not extremely tall, 5'10", but I am tall for a woman. I just remember I had a hard time getting out at the end. Like my legs were stuck in there. I wonder if my fiance would fit. He would probably be scared about getting his head chopped off as well! Lol.
    Woohoo for the tall chicks! I never noticed a tight fight in Space Mount, but I think I always ride in the front so mom can have the back. The only ride I've ever felt tight on was IASW. I'm 5'11/6'0 and all leg. Banged my knees a bit on the boat.