Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fireworks at the park in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone ! We are planning our trip in mid June and have reservations for 7pm at the California Grill. When do the fireworks at the park happen? In order ...
    dannyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Fireworks at the park

Hi everyone !

We are planning our trip in mid June and have reservations for 7pm at the California Grill. When do the fireworks at the park happen? In order to see them from the grill, do you suggest we move the time to 7:30 or so?

Thanks,

dannyc

In June, Wishes does not usually happen until 10 PM. I would say more like 8 or 8:30 for your dinner reservations in order to see them from there.

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would call WDW to make absolutely sure. Sometime they don't have fire works for one reason or another(especially in the off-season). Mid-June should be fine, but I'd call for an exact time before making your reservations. I'd hurry, it's a popular dinner for that reason. We made reservations during our trip, but there won't be fireworks that night. Not sure why?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Where are other great places to see the fireworks in MK?
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyc View Post
    Hi everyone !

We are planning our trip in mid June and have reservations for 7pm at the California Grill. When do the fireworks at the park happen? In order to see them from the grill, do you suggest we move the time to 7:30 or so?

Thanks,

dannyc
    If you go to Disney World's web site at www.disneyworld.com, you'll see that there is a Calendar feature. Click on this and you'll get a one month calendar. You can select the park and month you're interested in (in your case, select Magic Kingdom, and June 2007). This monthly view will show you the operating hours for each day that month. When MK is open late like it is showing every day in June, Wishes is usually 1 hour before closing.

You'll also notice that each date is a link. Click on the link for the date you're interested in and it will give you a bunch more information about that date, including the time for Wishes (although as I'm trying it right now this particular feature is not working at the moment, unless Wishes really isn't being performed most days in June!)

Tony

dannyc is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow Thanks Guys

Thanks all for the great tips...am going on the Disney site now. I was wondering when the parks are open for extended hours, they still perform the fireworks at the official closing times correct?

We got reservations for 8pm....have to tell you this planning all the meals so far in advance is a real drag and a definite minus in my book BUT I am hoping the magic will be worth it!

Thanks all for the great tips...am going on the Disney site now. I was wondering when the parks are open for extended hours, they still perform the fireworks at the official closing times correct?
    As far as I know, yes. I've been there plenty of times on Extra Magic nights, and I've always been able to see Wishes. The one and only time that I inadvertently missed it was one night when the park closed at 11. The tram operator on the way in said that Wishes was at 10, which is when I assumed it would be. We took the monorail over to Epcot, planning to come back for Wishes at 10, but by the time we arrived at TTC a little after 9, it was already half over. The moral of that story is to check the website ahead of time, or the printed time guide you get in the park on the day of, to verify the times of any shows you want to be sure to see.

Tony

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by starlightbh8 View Post
    Where are other great places to see the fireworks in MK?

We think the best spot is in the Rose Garden, which is where we always sit. No trees in the way or anything, and Tink flies right over us

I agree with pushing your dinner reservation to later to be watching from California Grill. During the Summer, Wishes is typically at about 10pm.

We got reservations for 8pm....have to tell you this planning all the meals so far in advance is a real drag and a definite minus in my book BUT I am hoping the magic will be worth it!
    Actually, I would see it as a bonus, since planning so far in advance increases your chances of getting what you want. It was pretty easy for you to bump your reservation to 8pm, *now*. Might not have been so easy starting the busy season, and closer to your reservation date Reservations change by the minute though- we have been on the phone for 10 mins, and at the beginning nothing was available, a few mins into the convo, someone else had cancelled, so we snagged that one

Quote Originally Posted by HomeofLove4Him View Post
    We think the best spot is in the Rose Garden, which is where we always sit. No trees in the way or anything, and Tink flies right over us
    We've actually tried watching from the Rose Garden too, but we had a bad experience. There were so many people there pushing, shoving and trying to get in our way! I'd love to know if anyone can think of one that's less crowded than the Rose Garden. In theory, it would be great, but I guess everyone had the same idea.
    I've actually had good luck a couple times with just moving to the middle of Main Street after the parade passes through. The only problem is that you're in the middle of a stampede when they're over and everyone heads for the exit.

Anyone have that special spot that's always a nice place to watch from?

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    In that case hgraber, I always stand in the middle of Main Street after the parade clears, but to avoid getting caught up in the after-show mess, I jet immediately into the emporium after the last "BOOM" and walk quickly to the train station. Pretty fast way to avoid the corwd!
    Tina

Wow, what a great idea! Walk through a shop as a short cut when everyone else is being herded down Main Street! I actually spend some time just browsing the shops so I don't have to wait in a long line for a bus, but that's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    We've actually tried watching from the Rose Garden too, but we had a bad experience. There were so many people there pushing, shoving and trying to get in our way! I'd love to know if anyone can think of one that's less crowded than the Rose Garden. In theory, it would be great, but I guess everyone had the same idea.

Anyone have that special spot that's always a nice place to watch from?
    We always watch the fireworks from the bridge between Tomorrowland and the center of the park, just to the Tomorrowland side of that futuristic looking structure at the center of the bridge. There's a tree there that blocks the view of the castle, and most people seem to assume that if you can't see the castle, you can't see the show. From that point, however, the fireworks actually appear in the sky to the right of the castle. So if you stake out a position where that tree is just blocking your view of the castle, but you can see the sky to the right of the castle, you'll be able to see the fireworks just fine. And Tink will fly almost right over your head. Sometimes we walk right up less than five minutes before the show starts, and we can get right up to the railing, because noone else is standing there (they're usually all clustered together a little closer to Tomorrowland).

The only bad thing about this spot is that the spotlights illuminating the lake beneath the bridge are not turned off for the show. If you can ignore this minor annoyance, you'll be fine.

I've also watched from that same bridge, from a point directly across from the entrance to the rose garden, and had a perfect view from there as well, however the same problem exists with the crowds. This is an obvious place to watch, so everyone else thinks of it too. This is why we always watch from the first spot I mentioned.

Tony

Sorry you were getting shoved out of the Rose Garden

The best thing to do is to arrive at the Rose Garden about 30 mins ahead of time, when you can sit on the concrete 'wall' that is in a circle in the middle. Now, this works for *us* because we have kids with us, so we sit the stroller next to the green railing in front of us, so that people cannot stand in our way Of course, if you are on the upper slope of that concrete wall, you'll be fine even if people do stand in front of you. Lately, they have been having a Photopass photographer in our favorite spot in the RG... but they aren't always there. When they aren't, we get in the little nook.

If, however, you get there 5 mins before the show starts, stand by the green railing I am talking about (in front of where ppl are sitting on the wall) Be sure to stand by the part that slopes upwards so you won't be in anyone's way (as opposed to the lower part).

Another good spot, if you are a smoker or at least can tolerate being around smoking is the designated smoking spot closest to the noodle station. That's if it's not blocked off for VIP that night.....

We are now approaching the busy season, though, so lately we are noticing that the spots are just getting more crowded. Earlier this year it wasn't as crowded in the Rose Garden- now it is a little more.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeofLove4Him View Post
    Lately, they have been having a Photopass photographer in our favorite spot in the RG... but they aren't always there. When they aren't, we get in the little nook.
    I agree with the Rose Garden being the best location. I actually find the Photopass photographer (who is not always there, but seems to be so often) to be a blessing in disguise, because by them being there with tripod and all that gear set up, taking pictures, it actually holds the spot open and prevents other guests from claiming it too early. I like to show up about 10-20 minutes before the show, and go talk to the photopass photographer. They will not stay there throughout the show, and actually pack up and leave usually about 5 minutes before it starts. I usually just let them know that I am waiting for that spot and usually, about 5 minutes before the show, not only will they take their gear down and get out of your way, but because they know you have been waiting patiently, they will often help make sure someone doesn't try to run in, cut you off, and grab the front of the "nook" from you as soon as they move. If you can get into this nook, right up against that green railing... there is no better spot anywhere, I promise you!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast