Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Haunted Mansion Bride in the Ask The Experts forums; So I know that in Disneyland, their version of the Bride in Haunted Mansion is completely renovated. She's nothing like the Bride in WDW anymore. Very creepy, but realistic looking. ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question Haunted Mansion Bride

So I know that in Disneyland, their version of the Bride in Haunted Mansion is completely renovated. She's nothing like the Bride in WDW anymore. Very creepy, but realistic looking. I think if you register on Visions Fantastic, you can find the short video clip of the new Bride. More sinister storyline, too. Anyway, I saw on Wikipedia.org, they are going to update WDW's HM Bride, too. I don't know when, but I was wondering if anyone else has heard about that. I haven't been listening to my podcasts lately, so if it was mentioned, then I obviously did not know. Anyway, if anyone has any more details about it, let me know. I'm not sure if they are going to upgrade her to DL's version, which might make the ride a bit more eerie. Here's the link: The Haunted Mansion. Thanks! Have a magical day!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Interesting......

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Something to remember is that Wikipedia is user updated... the information (unless cited) is very often rumor, especially on pages about Disney rides and attractions. That said however, HM is closing for a short time in the next couple of months from what I understand. It was rumored that it was just to do a good cleaning (which I found ironic) and to open a gift shop at the exit. I suppose anything is possible. You should post this over in the Rumors forum and see what sort of response you get.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    According to the weekly park update over at Mouseplanet.com (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070312mg), the Mansion will be closed from July through September this year.

I KNOW I read somewhere where it's getting the facelift from Disneyland, but I can't for the LIFE of me find it now!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The three month window for updating would seem to indicate that more than just paint and suting will be done, however what exactly is only rumor at this point. The most reliable source I have heard so far says that some, not all, of the DL updates will be included. The bride likely WILL be replicated at MK.

3 months is a long time, but there is so much basic maintenance that needs to be done that I can certainly see a very limited plate of new additions.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    3 Months is a long time, with that I agree... but it would also be an appropriate time to build the rumored themed gift shop at the exit so who knows.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I'm gonna be bummed if it's closed if I go this August. :-(
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    3 Months is a long time, with that I agree... but it would also be an appropriate time to build the rumored themed gift shop at the exit so who knows.
    Considering it is not going to be very big, or at least that's what we are hearing, I would agree. I'm not sure why they ride has to be closed to build the gift shop, however.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    I'm gonna be bummed if it's closed if I go this August. :-(
    From what i heard it's suppose to be finished in time for the holloween party.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Interesting...
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    From what i heard it's suppose to be finished in time for the holloween party.
    Bummer. I know the Halloween party starts in what, mid-late September? Durn it! Oh well. I just hope they don't have my other favorite rides closed down. Thanks everyone!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    ya know the Bride.........She kind of looks like my ex wife......hmmmmmm I haven't seen her for a while I wonder?

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well so far on the Walt Disney World Resort website. It states that The Haunted Mansion will be closed for Refubishment from June 6th, to September 12th, they don't have the October calendar up so I don't know if it will cross over or if the 12th is the day it will be finished. I hope it is the 12th because I am heading down to Disney World the very next week and I would love for my favourite ride to be open.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

Quote Originally Posted by threeleggeddog View Post
    ya know the Bride.........She kind of looks like my ex wife......hmmmmmm I haven't seen her for a while I wonder?
    Ouch! But that's funny. Hopefully she's not on here. She might come after you.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    Ouch! But that's funny. Hopefully she's not on here. She might come after you.
    Nah she isn't much of a disney fan, quite the opposite in fact. No sense of humor either.