Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What Is the ABC Theater in MGM used for now? in the Ask The Experts forums; First off, Ide like to say hi, im John, and new to these boards. I just wanted to know since Doug Live use to be in there, has anything been ...
    firedragon589 is offline A-Ticket holder

What Is the ABC Theater in MGM used for now?

First off, Ide like to say hi, im John, and new to these boards. I just wanted to know since Doug Live use to be in there, has anything been in there since? Thanks !

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    to DWT John!

I remember hearing, over a year ago that the theater was being used to produce internal shows for Cast Members and their families.

I also believe they have used it for special programs in conjunction with Special Park activities such as Star Wars Weekends and Soap Weekends.

Once again, welcome to DWT, we hope you find our little home hospitable and enjoyable.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

firedragon589 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks very much! I just wanted to know, I was there in the middle of Feb and remembered Doug being there, and I remembered nothing had been in the since that show left, at least when I would be there.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Yeah it's just used for special events right now, hopefully they will add something new eventually...They have ESPN The Weekend events in there among other things but the space seems like something exciting could be added eventually!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I wonder if they used the studio for Family Matters and Full House came to Disney World?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The latest use for the theater was for ESPN the weekend. They taped different shows in there.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    is that the same theater as SuperStar TV show back in the day? I loved that show...
    The Goofy Princess

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    The latest use for the theater was for ESPN the weekend. They taped different shows in there.
    I assume you are referring to NFL Live, SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight. They didn't actually tape anything in there. It was a "stage show" in a similar format of the television shows. I was in the building for every show and just by watching for ten minutes everyone should have been able to tell it didn't have the professionalism or structure that a program filmed for television would have. Also the crew was noticably too slim to be something for television. The show they called SportsCenter had Dan, Linda and Stuart answering questions and talking about thier careers. Most of the shows were Q&A style, with NFL Live and Baseball Tonight more closely resembling what you would see on TV. The actual broadcasted SportsCenter was filmed in front of the Sorceror's Hat and you could see your's truly on camera a few times.

The theatre looks great. It's not what most would expect. It looks just how you last saw it and is just as nice as ever. I can't wait until the next attraction goes in there.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    is that the same theater as SuperStar TV show back in the day? I loved that show...
    You bet. It's called ABC Theatre and still looks fantastic inside.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.