Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss TreeHouse Villas in the Ask The Experts forums; Next to Disney's Old Key West Resort are the Treehouse Villas. I remember when Disney Vacation Club Resort (former name of OKW) first opened, we used to stop by those ...
    FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Lightbulb TreeHouse Villas

Next to Disney's Old Key West Resort are the Treehouse Villas.

I remember when Disney Vacation Club Resort (former name of OKW) first opened, we used to stop by those villas as well as a few other on the bus route.

Now only the treehouse villas remain. Does anyone know what they are used for? Who stays there? I still see a gate and a guardhouse whenever I pass there.
    The Goofy Princess

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    They are used for the foreign students doing the college plan with Disney. A DVC CM told us.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    They sure are dilapidated aren't they? We were told the same thing on our boat from the French Quarter to Downtown.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    Next to Disney's Old Key West Resort are the Treehouse Villas.

I remember when Disney Vacation Club Resort (former name of OKW) first opened, we used to stop by those villas as well as a few other on the bus route.

Now only the treehouse villas remain. Does anyone know what they are used for? Who stays there? I still see a gate and a guardhouse whenever I pass there.
    My family took two vacations to Disney World (before I married and moved to FL). Both vacations (once in the 70s when I was about 7, and the other in college) were spent at the Treehouses. I'm not an insider or an expert or anything like that, and so wouldn't presume to contradict what anyone else (particularly a cast member) has said, but the last I heard, they had been damaged beyond repair by the 2004 hurricanes. I'd heard that there were plans for them, but that they'd been scrapped.

I think the next time I go, I might stop by to ask the guard there...
    The Goofy Princess

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hmm well anyone rending a boat from OKY or Downtown disney can boat into the canals by the treehouse villas to check it out still right? i didnt get a chance to rent a boat this year. I would like to know the answer to this as well!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stayed in Riverside the last 3 times we visited the world. In 2005 the cm on the boat to downtown disney said the treehouse villas were not being used because of the huricane and the access roads had been cut off by the building of Saratoga Springs. Not to mention the villas were in need of repair.

[quote=disneycrazy1956;454293]We stayed in Riverside the last 3 times we visited the world. In 2005 the cm on the boat to downtown disney said the treehouse villas were not being used because of the huricane and the access roads had been cut off by the building of Saratoga Springs. Not to mention the villas were in need of repair.

Sorry, my first post(s) and I wanted to add the following: We stayed at POR riverside again this March, the 10th to the 15th; and the cm on the boat said the villas are being used by the foreign students. We saw several villas occupied and received several waves from the residents.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    So they put the foreign students in the dilapitated old hurricane ruined villas. That seems nice. One minute they are not livable the next hey lets put those kids in there they arent that bad.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

repairs?

I have no idea if they did any work on them in the 2 years in between my trips, but I would hope they made sure they were safe before they put anyone in them. I don't know Florida's building codes, but I think Disney is smarter than to put CMs at risk.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Since they were unused by guests for so long they would probably now have to comply with ADA act restrictions (whereas if they had been in continuous use they probably would not have been), but to be used for employee housing there proably are probably not the same kinds of restrictions, I'm sure they either only use the less damaged units, or made repairs, and I gotta think that staying in these former guest villas is probably a NICE step up from other Disney provioded housing.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

i would love to ask one of those residents for a tour...
    :-)

i wonder what they look like now
    The Goofy Princess

My brother and his family stayed in one years ago. I always thought they looked pretty cool and would be a fun place to stay.
    Last edited by disneycrazy1956; 04-07-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: forgot word
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

How did your bro and family get to stay there? is he a CM? or foreign?
    The Goofy Princess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast